Is it ok to ask about processing Bud to Vapeable oil?

Does anyone here use a rosin press?
I’m still weeks away from harvest. My whole reason for growing is to be able to make my own cartridges for my girlfriend who needs it for PTSD. She will smoke flower when it’s practical, but prefers to smoke carts.
If I get a rosin press can I put it through immediately after harvest? Any advice on how to extract from my buds to produce high quality vapeable oil? Any thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Let me get @Mark0427 @Nicky @SilvaBack203 @ReelOfishalTrees i can’t recall who else but they’ll help me out.

I’ve never pressed, but I’ve made extracts with ethanol and made some bubble hash.

Reel will jump in, I hope. He’s an outstanding dude with a loooong history of extractions just for things like vapes. Smart guy, beautiful extracts. :v:

2 Likes

Thank you @Graysin i am new to growing, and the whole purpose is to make clean quality carts my girl can vape. I’ll definitely smoke some of the bud and make some edibles with the trim.
I just have no idea how to take bud and turn it into vapeable oil.

2 Likes

I have never did extract oils for vaping I just press with a press bubble hash and open blast with butane sorry cannot be of help but if reel don’t @blackthumbbetty @Caligurl should be in shortly to fill u in as they know how to do the cooking part and extraction parts real well. Lol

3 Likes

Great. I would also like to know about the press.
How can I be out od :heart: already.

2 Likes

She hasn’t been around for a few months, but her threads are great and still on the site. Caligurl is still very active. @Covertgrower is the best concentrates guy I know.

5 Likes

Thank you @Graysin for the tag…

When pressing you want the bud at least dry not 100 cured but at least dry. Once you have your rosin you will need terpenes to add to the rosin when u start mixing it into liquid. I been using .3ml per 1g of rosin…

I found the glass tips cartridge are the best…

edited to remove unauthorized link

6 Likes

@plumbdand is a beast also with pressing,bho and other stuff

5 Likes
4 Likes

If I’m making cartridges I like to use BHO it makes a cleaner vape oil.
I do make them from pressed rosin also. Both I use #710 liquidizer and or terpenes. I try to use as little as possible. Its different with every batch and takes a little time to get the process down without wasting a whole bunch. I have more weed than I know what to do with so I’m not worried about wasting some.

8 Likes

Sorry guys, I’ve never made cape cartridges but BTB has helped many people here. Just do a search

2 Likes

@Member420 does that work?
Everything I have read has said that it’s not safe to smoke feco.
I’m not against it, I just don’t know about it.
My main purpose of growing at home is to ensure that everything is clean, and safe.

1 Like

@plumbdand BHO makes a cleaner vape than just pressed rosin, and Terpenes?
I am new to this, and trying to go as clean/natural as possible. What makes Butane cleaner?

1 Like

The final product has less wax’s and lipids and plant material. Doest clog the cartridges as much. Less chance of it seperating in the cart. Higher thc content. Takes less liquidizer or terpines less harsh on your throat. This has been a learning experience for me. This is just my experience, others my vary. I have a press and a closed loop butane extractor and also make stuff with alcohol. BHO is more work and wastes more weed. Press is quickest and least wasteful IMO. Its a trade off

2 Likes

@plumbdand Thanks! I’m going to have to play around myself, and figure out the trade off.

1 Like

Alcohol extraction makes good carts if you do a dryice qwet “colder the better” filterd through a buchner funnel using coffee type filters and a vacuum pump.

2 Likes

Decarbed first, or let the vape decarb it? And mixed with what and how much after?

I mix bho and 710 wax liquidizer in a shot glass then put it in the oven at 200 for 30 minutes. Then stir until its all even consistency then draw it up with a 10ml syringe. I put a syringe filter on it and fill cartridges

1 Like

Told you he was the right guy 4 the job lol mr. Az himself killing it

1 Like

Thats the step I think I’m missing. My carts are finally tasty and do the trick. They’re just still sorta dirty lookin’ - a filter on the final pass would probably help. :v:

4 Likes