Is it more common to Top first, or Fimm first?

Also, @Stryder1961, I think your way past due to transplant out of the cups. I would go straight to their final homes at this point. 3 gals for the Autos and 5 gals for the photos. A great guide for me that I picked up on here is when the leaves are past the edges of the cup its time to transplant. It’s a good sign that the plant has developed a good root system where you dont see. Autos dont like to be messed with so the earlier they can be trans’d into thier final pots the better. I picked up some mychorizae and that seemed to help the transition without much reaction from the plant. I’m now going straight to their final pots after I sprout a tail… No more guessing for me but I keep the soil moist till it pops and use a clear cup sprayed with pH’d water to keep it moist after as well till it gets a few sets. I also start LST right away. Goodluck!

2 Likes

thanks @abouttime. Yes I do leave my plants in the cups longer than most would, because I find that if I’m in too much of a hurry and try to transplant when its technically possible, the root systems are indeed intact but the plant stem is usually too flimsy and I’ve had a few failed transplants as a result. I’m not in a rush to grow, so I leave mine in a cup longer to ensure a strong stalk, even though I know the plant is getting root bound a little. I’ve done 3 harvests now, and I’m getting more comfortable with the transplants but still err on the side of caution… cheers…

2 Likes

no problem @Stryder1961, anything you have to do to keep 'em going! I was having the same problem so I went straight to their finish pots with the sprouts. No more getting nervous doing transplant. Right after I posted that I saw your post was from awhile back. I’m sure your close to enjoying those by now. goodluck brother!

2 Likes

I thought you could keep your plants in the veg state indefinitely unless it’s an auto. Or are you talking outdoors? I’ve only had one grow so far and like to hear various opinions on things.