Is Fox Farms Happy Frog soil for seeds?

Hey all I’ve just changed soil to Fox Farm soils Ocean Forest/Happy Frog. I’ve transplanted clones in them had someone say to use both at same time couldn’t find that post again, like the idea. I decided to go with 1 part each of soil. And one part vermiculite. First time ever using dif. soil always Mirical Grow soil and fert., for many grows last 12 yrs, got used to working around probs that I really didn’t know I had until got in here the first of the yr. PH seemed to be a prob… lots of flushing always, at least once a month. Bergam fert. now also new try. Hope some one has some thoughts. Grow well.

1 Like

I don’t have much experience. But my last grow, i tried a method where the top third of the pot was Coco Loco and the bottom 2 thirds was a local super soil. I ran into some issues. After about 3 weeks they stopped growing, started to turn yellow. Bought some Rainbow mix. They eventually recovered. So I’m weary of any " 2 dirt" methods. Good luck with what you decide on.

2 Likes

Ive used FF soils pretty exclusively. The best way ive seen to do pots is…

Bottom half straight ocean forest. Place ur old pot inside the new one and then use a bit of OF/HF mixed 50/50 around the old pot. Lift the old pot and drop in the rootball. Then fill in whatever is left with straight Happy Frog

1 Like

Have already mixed equal parts Fox farm soils. O.F./H.F./vermiculite. Even Mirical Grow soil is harsh so I’ve found out in here. So this has to be better, at any rate seems to be more natural. Thanks friend.

1 Like

Thanks, have one more transplant from 3 gal. pots to 5 gal., will try this at transplant. Have already mixed equal parts F.F., O.F./H.F./vermiculite for 3 gal. pots with clones. Thanks friend.

1 Like

I’ve started every seed I’ve grown for the past 3 years in Happy Frog.

2 Likes

Thanks, will try that on next grow also. Thanks Friend.

1 Like

I do a layer of drainage rocks on the bottom of my pot to prevent gnats from coming in that way. There are rocks throughout the ground in nature, so idk why a plant, especially a photo, can’t grow around those rocks. Plus rocks hold heat and we want that. Idk why you couldn’t add rocks just like perlite to spread out that expensive dirt.

My FFHF came with gnat larvae in it. Then the Amazon seller disappeared. From now on, I’m only buying local dirt. Stuff cost me like $40-$50 a bag!

1 Like