Is flushing necessary between veg and flower with auto in hydroponics/aeroponic system

i am starting my second time at growing i purchased a growzilla 6.0 grow box and have been trying to research readily available for auto flowering plants and have read different opinons about the same various topics . My question is growing hydroponically with aeroponic tube in the base for oxygen for the roots . i am curious about flushing. i read that its good to flush between the veg. stage and the flowering stage before starting the bloom nutrients . does anyone have experience with this and is it recommended: also do i wait ti flush until i see first signs of flowers be fore flushing if it is needed?

2 Likes

Welcome to the community. I’m a Soil grower so I can not help you. Sorry.

3 Likes

You shouldn’t need to flush your plants in hydroponic grow. The only legitimate reason to flush plants is to reset a toxic condition or lockout. In a hydroponic grow you simply adjust or replace your nutrient solution.

4 Likes

Hey @robert365 welcome to the community looks of good folks with tons of knowledge here. Pull up a seat and enjoy.

I personally like to change water before the light change. I’ll add water/nutes along the way. About two weeks into transition/12/12, I’ll change the water again. Depending on your setup, you may be able to go longer or have to add/change the water more often.

In hydro, it’s all about volume. More water makes it easier to maintain a stable root environment. Less fluctuations in ph and tds/ppm’s.

I use Jack’s nutrients so my feed schedule is the same from start to finish. I try to change out the water about every 10-14 days. Sometimes longer, just depends on the stage of the plants growth.

If you have any question, feel free to ask away. Good luck and keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you for reply every lbit of knowledge helps

1 Like

Thank you, i appreciate the info

1 Like

Hey HHG; really appreaciate the reply. Ill be sure to follow up when tbey start geting bigger, ive attached 2 pucs one with my seedlings just sprouting, i have a CO2 pad in there with the. , and the other pic is the setup im goingvto lut them in . I think tbe cabinet i bought may be to small time will tell, its a hydto setup with bubble pad and lump to keep water moving . My main question is how much bigger before i should put them in tbe system? They been spouting 3 and 6 days respectively.

How much longer you think b4, I move tjem ; i know they’re still babes
I appreciate your time and help
Rob

1 Like

One thing it looks like to me is your starter plugs look a little wet. You might want to let them dry out just a little.

As far as setting them in your system, I usually put mine in the system around 10 days old. Some folks do it sooner and some do it later. Just make sure not to blast them with a lot of light. Back off and cut the intensity down if you can. Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

I like to get them in the system as soon as they can swim, have their first leaves, yours are ready.

1 Like

So I should shut theightboff completely until the first leave get bigger? I noticed they were starting to droop a bit, last i did a hydto i simplyboutbthebseed in rockwool 8n the system and let it donits thing , this time i germed them in a glass of tap water, just have to wait it out and see what happens in a few days, if i have to ill start all over , youve seen my little set up so any and a tips and advice will be taken to heartol
Thanks HHG

1 Like

Hey There HHG;

Hows it been going, figured it’s been a few days and id give tou an update on how things are progressing for your consideration.
So, after my last pic post ive added thev2 babies to my system 1 unfortunate died off jad problems with her since day 1. The 2nd one im happy to say seems ro be doing ok the pics ill include are taken today and im 18 days from germination. I added a RH meter for temp and humidity, that appears to be ok at the moment maybe just a tad warm but i think she’ll be ok. Let me know wh

at your thoughts are . Ive started her on nutes last week and shes taking off! Using Cana nutes micro, grow, and bloom 1/4 tsp per gallon , i have about a 4.5 to 5 gal. System and shes on the 18/ 6 cycle ph is at 6.2 steady

2 Likes

The bottom Rh reading is after i set it up and set the current time and closed it up, im going to check it in a couple of hours and see if theres a big change

1 Like

She looks great. Just slow and steady. She’ll take off before you know it. Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey HHG
Im back so this photo is from today day 20 from germ. Should i be on a 12/12light cycle inhave autos and i thought 18/6 was bezt for them until they start to flower also the ppm i was reading in cooterhogs post seem very confusing is this somethingbi meed to learn also? I know for optimual results ill probably need to kearn how to do the ppm but it seems so confusing any advice id appreciate

1 Like

I reize i still have a couple months to go id like ro be prepared lol

1 Like

If you choose 18/6, an auto might veg a little longer before starting her flower. They have been known to veg until you change to 12/12. I have seen plenty that will flower ok on 18/6.
If you run 12/12, she will flower when ready.

You will need to know what the ppm’s and the pH of your water are. I see you got the blue lab

What nutes are you using again?
Do you have a ppm meter or a pH meter?
You can use a cheap ppm meter but I would not cheap out on the pH meter.
I, along with others use the Apera PH 20 meter from Amazon. It’s about $60.00 and comes complete with calibration kit. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

@HappyHydroGrower ty dor the info ill have to order one today do you know where I find the calculator i keep seeing mentioned

1 Like

You don’t need to worry about that calculator. That is for a different kind of nutes. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

@HappyHydroGrower i just switched my timer to 12/12 cycle im going to head out and see what meters i can get today and will order the one you and @The_Chef recommend

1 Like

Do you have roots out of the netpot yet?
If so, you can lower your water level to an inch below the netpot. As they get longer in about 4 weeks, you’ll want to have that water level about 1.5”- 2” below the netpot.

If your roots turn brown then more than likely, your water’s too warm. We’ll get to that later.

1 Like