Is flushing necessary between veg and flower with auto in hydroponics/aeroponic system

i am starting my second time at growing i purchased a growzilla 6.0 grow box and have been trying to research readily available for auto flowering plants and have read different opinons about the same various topics . My question is growing hydroponically with aeroponic tube in the base for oxygen for the roots . i am curious about flushing. i read that its good to flush between the veg. stage and the flowering stage before starting the bloom nutrients . does anyone have experience with this and is it recommended: also do i wait ti flush until i see first signs of flowers be fore flushing if it is needed?

2 Likes

Welcome to the community. I’m a Soil grower so I can not help you. Sorry.

3 Likes

You shouldn’t need to flush your plants in hydroponic grow. The only legitimate reason to flush plants is to reset a toxic condition or lockout. In a hydroponic grow you simply adjust or replace your nutrient solution.

3 Likes

Hey @robert365 welcome to the community looks of good folks with tons of knowledge here. Pull up a seat and enjoy.

I personally like to change water before the light change. I’ll add water/nutes along the way. About two weeks into transition/12/12, I’ll change the water again. Depending on your setup, you may be able to go longer or have to add/change the water more often.

In hydro, it’s all about volume. More water makes it easier to maintain a stable root environment. Less fluctuations in ph and tds/ppm’s.

I use Jack’s nutrients so my feed schedule is the same from start to finish. I try to change out the water about every 10-14 days. Sometimes longer, just depends on the stage of the plants growth.

If you have any question, feel free to ask away. Good luck and keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you for reply every lbit of knowledge helps

1 Like

Thank you, i appreciate the info

1 Like