Is dispensary stuff better than outdoor homegrown?

So many people tell me that pot you buy at dispensary is so much better than grown outdoors by homeowner.
What would you say? And if you think so, how is it different. When you grow outdoors, you get sun light from sun, not the lights. How can you beat that. Outdoor you do not need to use synthetic fertilizers, I get a couple of dump truck of decomposted cow manure with lots of earthworms, and plant directly in that. How can you beat that? Temperature and humidity is not controlled but what different would that make? Might give you some bud rot, but if you have 7 foot tree and half of it gets bud rot, you still end up with a pound of good stuff. So, what is better about dispensary stuff grown indoors? Do you get higher levels of thc? More crystals? Better taste? (I doubt it because of use of fertilizers).
Please share your experience

personally I find homegrown better then dispensary but some dispensaries can either have good stuff as well.

2 Likes

You don’t need to use them indoors either. Also not all dispensary bud is grown indoor.

3 Likes

Pretty hard to generalize it’s a very broad question. No true answer for that

4 Likes

Depends on what shelf you’re buying from too…

3 Likes

And also whose doing the growing, no all growers are equal. I have seen old men that have grew all there lives and you won’t find anything like that at a dispensary. I mean you can’t overlook decades of experience. I mean there is lots of strains that were created to mimic what was already homegrown 30 to 40 years ago.

3 Likes

I agree on that one

1 Like

I think it funny to see a brand new strain , light it up and you have a Deja Vu moment. Because you have smoked it before years ago. The grower that created that strain without getting recognized for it was probably arrested and prosecuted. Then it was lost only to be rediscovered.

1 Like

i agree for sure

1 Like