Is dehumidier needed in dry room?

Hey yall! Need a quick response… or any that is! Anyways … Setting up my dry room. I’m using a big closet with high ceilings! Anyways, I can put a blanket on the door so air flow out too release humidity. I will also but a huge air purifier fan in there to circulate air. My question is … Do you think it’s necessary to put a dehumidier in there too… And If I do that, to keep the door closed to control it better? I can afford a small one at good quality designed for that size space… What do y’all think? Any feedback would be great. I got my eye on this one

Levoair Dehumidifier 68oz(2000ml) Small Dehumidifier with Drain Hose for 3100 Cubic Feet 330 sq.ft Ultra Quiet Mini Portable Air Dehumidifier for Home Basements Bathroom Bedroom Closet Kitchen RV https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092D3FJSD/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_Q6X0JRA3TTYCHSQC7CRS

1 Like

Temp is 70 and humidity is 50 in closet currently

1 Like

Personally, I try to keep the humidity in my drying box at about 60%. Usually I need to use a humidifier or wet towels to keep the humidity up, especially during the winter months when the ambient humidity drops.

2 Likes

Interesting… so when you hang the plants, they are supposed to increase it majorly at first … I heard… like to 100rh … But I’m not sure how long that last?.. So your saying you tend to try to keep it more on the moister side?

1 Like

Exactly…I want it to take a week to 10 days (10 days is my actual goal) until they are ready for final trim. If the rH is too high for too long mold can be an issue so I ventilate to keep the humidity below 70%. I don’t worry about the humidity for the first couple of days after hanging u but then I keep it in that 60% to 70% range. It is definitely an effort to keep the humidity up after the first 5 days.

2 Likes

I should also mention that I ALWAYS do a hydrogen peroxide rinse before hanging. That reduces the risk of mold as well as removing any nasty stuff from the buds and makes them stay fresh longer after drying and curing.

Interesting… so what your saying …is that if you have a dark space to hang and dry, and you keep the air flowing and circulating… Then I won’t need a dehumidier in there at all? I have a big one in my tent in the room that the closet is in… I’m going to hang a blanket to keep it dark but allow the air flow out the top and bottom… So keep the door open to share humidity with the big room that is at about 45rh… Sound good? Don’t need the extra dehumidier then?

1 Like

And to be clear
… I’m runniing a big 3500 sq ft one in my tent already

1 Like

Like actually growing, there are many techniques and opinions. The key is to figure out which techniques and conditions work best for you in your specific setup and location.

2 Likes

Cool this is my first time and my plants are amazing… Probebly produce over a pound in 4x4 space

1 Like

I run a large dehumidifier (as needed) in my main rooms as well but not in the drying box.

So, I think you helped me get a good idea about drying… What your trying to say is that you want them to dry slow and not too fast, so you like to keep the humidity up a tiny bit as they dry?

Perfect… So I think everything is good to go with this plan! Appreciate you

1 Like

Exactly! I normally have grown 6 six plants per grow with a yield of 12 to 16 oz per plant. This time around I am only growing two plants so I don’t have so much surplus laying around that ultimately gets thrown out when my next grow is done.

2 Likes

Wow… you indoor with autoflowers?

1 Like

I’m growing 4x4 tent 5 plants in 7 gallon pots…

1 Like

Indoor with mostly feminized seeds but occasionally will drop a few regular seeds as well.
My main room is 8X8 plus a second 8X8 main space and a 4X8 starting/veg tent.

3 Likes

Would you suggest a good trichrom magnifying glass?

1 Like

Very nice plants. Great job!