Is Cal-mag supplement needed with connoisseur nutrients

Hello growers I need help. I’m using ro water and Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur grow a +b. Do I need to use the calmag supplement or is this nutrient formula complete and calmag not necessary?

1 Like

i use ANsensi and use bud candy as directed with no problems…
bud candy is 0.5% magnesium nitrate

2 Likes

I have budcandy too. But isnt that for the finish? I read calmag deficiency can come from ro water. Is this true?

Using RO water generally means cal mag should be added. This would be particularly important if you were in hydro or other media like coco. Personally I would wait until close to flower as the fresh soil should carry you through til then.

1 Like

Im using a hydrobucket 2.5 gallon reservoir. This is day 20 in the bucket.

here is day 1 pic. When should i flower the plant? 3 weeks more veg or? I added the brown tortilla warmer and cut the whole in the bottom. This reduced splash to zero. The bucket was losing 0.5 gallon per day before the modification and now is nearly zero loss of water! Genhydro doesn’t sell a cover for this.

1 Like

@Donaldj
Can probably help better since he a hydro guy but i have found that I haven’t needed to ad calmag my nutrients line is enough
With that said before I started full fewdings i did find adding a little calmag to be beneficial since ro filters will strip most if not all of the dissolved minerals for all intensive purposes

2 Likes

I literally just got done looking at make up of it. There’s calcium nitrate in part a and magnesium sulfate in part b. Don’t know if levels are high enough to do it alone though, sorry.

1 Like

The company Advanced Nutrients stated that the cal mag in parts a and b are sufficient for ro water and adding calmag is not necessary.

Fair enough, I wouldn’t know. They certainly aren’t shy about making claims.

2 Likes