Is Bergmans a false product?

I think Bergmann’s was made for beginners who don’t have their own style and just want to have something that doesn’t need to have more things added to it @BRFarming420

3 Likes

My ratio is different, but I do always feed. What it comes down to is, it really depends on your light saturation. If you’re growing with a blurple, you probably don’t need to feed every time. @ggr

2 Likes

True that! I like to pour on the nutes early to mid-flower until I see a touch of nute burn and then back off. Individual plants can be different too. I have 2 plants in flower now receiving the same light (a lot) and one loves a lot of nutes, where the other won’t tolerate so much. I added an additional HLG 260 for these girls because I was disappointed in yield and density from the last grow. Their hunger has increased dramatically versus the last grow.

2 Likes

this white widow is from being fed with gringo Rasta trio.

3 Likes

and this was before I trimmed her, you can see the nice deep dark green leaves and that was just using Gringo Rasta flowering with no nitrogen 2 weeks into flower. I don’t know what to say other than this style of feeding works for me.

2 Likes

You have residual N in your media which is why the plant is green.

I would feed and if cal mag is called for, provide that alone. You can certainly do a f/f/f if you want; just let the plant tell you what it needs.

2 Likes

i have grown 3 grows now and have started losing leaves to yellowing within a week of starting flowering growing in supersoil. so this grow i started using terp tea grow as a top dress and it appeared to ameliorate the problem a bit but i still lost a lot of leaves. one thing that needs to be looked at is different strains have different needs. my second grow was blue dream and it is a notorious nitrogen hound and if you search for hints on how to grow it online most will tell you that you need to add nitrogen until a couple weeks before chopping. i have two more plants coming out of my third grow’s veg tent and i have added a liquid grow (buddha grow) in hopes of keeping my leaves greener longer. i will at least add that until they are done with the stretch when they start flowering. i know by looking at all the pictures on here that few of the folks have the problem that i have with what i think is a lack of nitrogen at the beginning of flowering. i consider myself a novice in this endeavor and have hopes of beating this problem on my fourth grow if i can fix it with these last two plants, but… i have learned on here that the plant will tell you what it needs and using that with looking at matty bears plants that i have a problem. one thing i will say, i didn’t add nitrogen much to the blue dream, just a top dress of terp tea bloom. i lost all the fan leaves halfway thru the flowering and most of even the sugar leaves were 80% yellow. but that pot was great.

1 Like

What do you run your 260’s at? As far as dimming them. I just turned both mine all the way up tonight

I run them full on during flowering to get the most PPFD I can get on my plants. I usually turn them all of the way down for seedlings/clones, and at ~75% for veg.

1 Like

How on earth did I miss this, and more importantly how did we have 30 posts about this without anyone pointing out that “bloom” bottles mentioned here can’t be used alone for any length of time?

It’s not funny, it usually has to be that way for chemical stability. There is some truth to being different based on intended use, but that is more of an issue with the specific compounds required to blend for end result. Because cannabis requires a broader span of nutrients than some other plants, the manufacturers work within the most cost effective ways to get there.

Cannabis requires a good amount of calcium, but calcium doesn’t play well with phosphates. The two common sources of calcium are calcium nitrate and calcium carbonate (both contain nitrogen). Since these will precipitate easily when mixed with phosphates, the nutrient manufacturers package them separately so they aren’t mixed until ready to be used. Even the so called 1 part complete nutrients will usually have a disclaimer attached in fine print like they recommend using calmag or calcium nitrate type of product along with.

Taking any of your examples all you have to do is visit the schedules. None of them suggest you use the “bloom” bottle only during the bloom cycle of cannabis. It’s not even really a bloom enhancer, think of it more of part 3 or part c. Look at the bottle labeled micro for cultivation nation, it has higher nitrogen concentration than the grow. These are just not intended to be used as 1 bottle for vegging and the other for flowering. Instead the ratios of each bottle is changed throughout the grow in an effort to target peak nutrient usage from the plants. Which is not exactly proven science, but there is data to support it. Unfortunately there is also data to support that some npk ratios can be successfully ran from start to finish with cannabis as well.

9 Likes

Just seems odd to have such high nitrogen, when everything I read says stay away from nitrogen during flower. Thanks for the input. That makes sense that they can’t package an all in one fertilizer

2 Likes

If you use a nutrient line that allows you to play with NPK levels then you can mess around with making your own mixture.

1 Like

I supplement additional N in flower to maintain a green canopy all the way to harvest. In general, published grow schedules are shy N.

2 Likes

I’m having a hard time following what you’re trying to say here. Its listed as something like 16-6-30 right? You are aware that’s half as much nitrogen as potassium?

You can’t go from transition to harvest without any nitrogen. So what would you expect the npk ratio to be?

1 Like

Just being the devils advocate but the grow in the flora is dropped in the last 4-5 weeks. I normally keep some in to stop the plant from falling apart.

1 Like

@Member420 my point exactly.

1 Like

I mix manufactures on my 3 part nutrient lines so don’t do what I do.
Look how pretty when you leave it out

1 Like

I’ve actually changed the method I’ve used. I don’t follow any schedules anymore I only use recharge now and I add in Fox Farms soluble line as needed for each specific stage, or if I feel they need a booster help in a certain area so far they’ve been going like clockwork with no issues at all and I love it and the top it off I don’t pH my water anymore, dont have to when you use recharge regularly in your soil.

1 Like

@Member420 oh I know :sunglasses:

1 Like

Micro has higher nitrogen concentration than gro. A good portion of the gh users follow Lucas formula and don’t even use the grow bottle.

2 Likes