Is Bergmans a false product?

Everything thing I’ve read says to cut nitrogen when flowering. Why did my fertilizer set come with a high nitrogen content for flowering feeds?

This is just my opinion, Real nutes for flowering for cannabis will more than likely not have nitrogen in it. Such as this product that i use.

3 Likes

2 Likes

During the first 3 weeks of flower your plant will eat lots of nitrogen during the stretch. In about week 4 is where you would decrease levels of nitrogen. Plenty of people run the Bergmans line.

11 Likes

If you really want to play with NPK levels then you need to go towards a nutrient line that allows you to do that. Premixed bottles of nutrients dont allow you to adjust the levels within them either.

11 Likes

My brother and some one on here I can’t place buy pellets of the macro and micro nutes and grind them to powder and mix with water. Which I bet is cheap once you figure out the ratios.

4 Likes

Funny because Utah State found THE best ratio for the entire grow to be Jack’s which is 20 10 20. I always support my plants with some amount of N during flower because all of those colors (other than temp related) are signs of a sick plant.

Watch this video if you would like an education @Buckshot. It’s long but well worth it.

Maximizing Cannabis Yields with Dr Bruce Bugbee - YouTube

5 Likes

Of course Utah St did lol. I have all Bugbees lectures on pdf. I will stick with Jack’s but for my outdoor veggies I have my soil tested at the dept of ag county extension for $20 and then use pellets because I know what my soil is lacking specific to what I’m growing but it wouldn’t surprise me if Jack’s already figured it out for cannabis.

3 Likes

I’m not sure who told you this, but I can point at multiple nutrient lines across the board that all have nitrogen in them. You saying that half of these growers in this forum are wrong and wasting money growing with nitrogen during flowering? @BRFarming420
Don’t spread misinformation.

To be fair I see what he meant and he did say it was his opinion.
AN trio 1-1-6, 4-0-0, 0-5-4
GH Flora 2-1-6, 5-0-1, 0-5-4
FF Rasta 2-1-6, 5-0-1, 0-5-4
FF trio 2-8-4, 6-4-4, .01-.3-.7
Cal mag 2-0-0
All of those the flowering part of the trio has none except the FF trio and if you use calmag thru out your giving the N you need. I use Jack’s tho and it’s the same thing all the way.

I use Grow Big through week 5 of flowering, though at lesser proportions in the latter weeks. Tiger Bloom does have a bit of nitrogen in it as well. Open Sesame is fairly high on the nitrogen too.

1 Like

I guess you must have missed the part at the very beginning of the sentence where I said this is my opinion.

2 Likes

Yes your opinion indeed. But you can’t use the phrase “real nutrients” and then post up a picture of Fox Farm products lol come on now, we aren’t all newbie growers with no knowledge here

2 Likes

Shots fired Fox Farms :joy::joy::joy:
I went MG, FF, GH, Jacks. I’m gonna go silently cry in the corner now :cry:
Also account feeding schedule. Your not cutting off the other ones cold turkey. You give a little less this and a little more that. By the time you get to the end with the trios your not giving any N.

Ok so it looks to me like you just use the flowering nutrients with the Bergmann’s where as you use some of each of the others for example I use gh Flora trio and in flower first week I use 1 tsp. Of each which gives the nitrogen from micro and where as the Bergmann’s you just use the flower nutrients their for it has to contain its own nitrogen

2 Likes

I spoke with somebody who has extensive knowledge on the fox farm line one of them used to be a vendor they have to put nitrogen in some of their nutrient lines like the trio because they’re not specifically made for cannabis unlike the Gringo Rasta line where it is specifically geared towards cannabis is what I was told because of the federal guidelines that are still prohibiting growing marijuana, even then foxfarm does not make the Gringo Rasta line anymore they had to change the name it is now called cultivation Nation trio. Also I would like to say I would never put out misinformation if it’s something I’m not 100% sure about I will specifically mention it is my opinion. @Covertgrower ![Screenshot_20200425-132141|219x500] (upload://yBlzFrXAsHYobenRaHkq0sGQaFS.jpeg)

3 Likes

On my PT last year I ran out of trio and Rasta was all I could get for flowering. I did one GH in coco. Liquids for me aren’t fiscally responsible. @Gremmall bought 25 lbs part a and 25 lbs part be for the cost of three trio packs and it makes idk how many thousands of gallons.

2 Likes

it’s funny to see how the bloom treatment doesn’t have any nitrogen in it at all. There’s too many other solubles like open sesame and things like that that I use that have nitrogen in it the last thing I want is more nitrogen from my neuts. So again in my opinion I don’t think you should be using nutes have any nitrogen in it for flowering, it will get plenty of it from elsewhere as it doesn’t need much if any at all, from my personal experience in my grows I have not found any deficiencies from not using it. We each have our own style.

1 Like

Hey man, I watched the video a few days ago as well. Very good stuff but I had a question while watching about media/feed. Do you suppose that he suggest to feed, feed, feed always with no water in between because of his particular media? What, say if using FFOF as so many do, after it is depleted go to feed always with the 20-10-20?

2 Likes