Is Amnesia Haze (fem) not suitable for Southern California?

A customer has a question or concerns and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

“My Amnesia Haze (fem) are not doing well. Some died others stopped growing. I was disappointed to learn after research that this amnesia genus is not suitable for outdoor growing in California where temperatures can exceed 32c and humidity drops on such hot days. ILGM.com stated they were suited for outdoor growing. As mentioned south California has low humidity. The soil is organic raised planter mix. First seedlings died after struggling for 4 weeks. Picture below for second. Started germination of a seed 5 days ago and it hasn’t sprouted so it is a dud. These seeds are not suitable for Southern California I need something better for high heat low humidity. Any advice is appreciated.”

We need more information. If you would fill out a support ticket some of the members will be happy to help.

There are many successful Southern California growers here and Amnesia Haze will do well in SoCal. There are things that you can do to increase humidity and decrease the impact of heat to help your seedlings along.

Concrete advice: use a starter soil for seedlings. Most planter mixes contain nutrients harmful to new seedlings. This is more than likely what killed them. Secondly, place them under a plastic bag that has air vents and keep out of direct sunlight. DO NOT WATER. Spray the seedlings lightly several times a day with either ph 6.5 water or distilled water only. YOU DON’T NEED NUTRIENTS. Once you have plants established we can help you along the way.

@Rugar89, you’re a Socal grower, any advice?

3 Likes

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

Age from Sprout:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:
How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

2 Likes

I’ll tag in some awesome help for you… @garrigan62 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Rugar89 @dbrn32 @Hogmaster

4 Likes

Hopefully the support ticket gets filled out. I doubt it was a strain related issue.

2 Likes

Waiting for support ticket, but really curious about what soil is being use.

Its 106deg here right now and my girls are sunbathing next to the pool.

@Myfriendis410

2 Likes

That was my first thought: one of the amended soils that’s too hot. Either that or drowning. Awfully large pots…