Is a filter and hose essential in grow tent?

From a fellow grower: My grow tent is only 36x48.
Is the filter fan and hose necessary? What else is essential

I assume by filter you mean a carbon filter . They aren’t required but if you are concerned about smell then you will want one. The ducting assists with effective air exchanges when hooked to an inline fan this will help keep your humidity and temps under control. The best advice I can give is to join the forum lots of knowledgeable growers here always willing to help. :v:
Essentials will depend on your set up , but definitely a good digital PH Meter, TDS meter, and a way to monitor humidity and temps

1 Like

In addition to what Watt-Sun said, it’s also a security measure. If a stranger showed up for whatever reason and got blasted with the wonderful aroma of jazz cabbage, it could end up bad for you. I’m a firm believer in keeping my business just that, MY BUSINESS!

IMHO, the small investment financially far outweighs the potential risk of “The Man” inviting himself into my life. And by “The Man”, I don’t mean Becky Lynch!

1 Like

Also not all people are good and will follow the smell to the patch and steal everything

:joy::rofl: Never heard that one before

1 Like

An in-line fan is necessary for air exchange, a carbon filter is not, unless you’re not okay with smells. Then both. More than welcome to join the forum. We would enjoy having you.

1 Like