Is 7 gallons too much?

String trimmer?

1 Like

Shove that sucker in a 7gal asap! :rofl:.

I had GG autos in 3gal = 4-5 oz each plant, GG autos in 5gal = 8-15oz per plant. I think in 7gal in tip over a pound… gg Autos can get freaking huge for autos sometimes, its worth the soil just incase you get a big one imo…

1 Like

Weed wacker!

After growing them in 7 gals and seeing how much root space was still available I’d say5 gallon on autos is plenty big enough although I always tend to have a bigger tree from the bigger pot. Not necessarily more bud on the tree. Ut def a bigger tree. So it’s all dependant on ur water practices and how well the surroundings are worked in. Good luck

1 Like

5 gallon pots seem to work great for me. I got around 7 oz dry from 4 white widow autos last indoor grow in a 3x3 tent with a Viparspectra P1500 light. That’s with a few screw up’s also. Nice big root ball.

1 Like

I switched to the 7 gal from 5 gal when i started using mykos at transplant due to roots circling around bottom of pots.

Here she is with her lettuce companion :smile:!

2 Likes

When you mentioned that, I put both plants in trays. Thank you for that tidbit.

I just began shopping for other plants to play with… you can plant lettuce in the same pot? I’m such a green horn… I want to be a green thumb!! Lol I’m looking to make a garden now but I didn’t realize picking my vegetable seeds was harder than picking my weeds… I didn’t know there are 50 varieties of the same one… how do I know what to get and learn that I can plant them so close to another plant?

1 Like

Keep studying and trying new things and do small things daily , dont over whelm yourself , set boundaries and limits and learn what grows best in spring into fall , which vegetables are more alkalibed than acidic , oh its a rabbit hole :hole: forsure.

1 Like

A rabbit hole on acidity is what I feel like for sure right now :man_shrugging::rofl: overwhelmed is an understatement haha…

No I do like your idea setting boundaries, I try to do a little each day that’s what I’m enjoying about it so far I think… but I just want to do it all and yesterday… so I’ll pick a plant or two to research each day until I figure out what I want I guess… no point in stressing… this is supposed to be stress relief haha

Looks like some cherry tomatoes, snap peas, lettuce and cucumbers maybe to start? I want pickles lol

My daughter wants flowers and I want fruit vegetables and Mary… anyone know of a greenhouse for sale?? Might be an easier option haha

1 Like

You can find cheap ones at Aldi’s , just google what you might be thinking in square feet of space , or you can youtube sone Diy options thats suoer easy and very effiecient .

1 Like

Despite what some people going to say, the size pot you use will have almost nothing to do with how much you yield. A very small pot will just have to be treated differently than a very large pot. Outside of vegging a plant an unusually long time there is very little reason to use larger than 3 gallon pot for an indoor grow. It’s more about understanding what and how things need to be done in order to be successful with your chosen method.

Is not to say information otherwise is bad, but i see plenty of tiny autoflower plants in unnecessarily large pots posted here regularly.

4 Likes

3 gallons, I second that. Even on a longer Sativa grow 5 gallons would be plenty. The only time i ever needed more than 5 was on a large revegged blue dream.

The larger the pot the bigger the plants. They will grow 4 feet in a 3 gallon pot, so unless you have plenty of headspace and are looking to grow 8 footers the 7 would be overkill and a waste of space and dirt. Just my two cents…

1 Like

No problem. I have some photos I need help with.

1 Like

I’ve grown some of those ridiculously small autos in huge pots. I chose an auto Gorilla Glue and a photo Durban Poison to grow in 7 gallon pots to find out how much of a yield an auto will have and the photo’s yield. Which gonna be huge. I’m gonna try my hand at scrogging Ms. Durban. I’ve never been successful with scrogging. Plus my net has huge squares. I also have a grow through grid but not sure how to use it. Gotta try sometime.

1 Like

The lettuce in the pot (and I think spinach in another pot) is from recharging house plant medium. My house plants and indoor plants are a mix of FFHF, FFSF, FFOF, earthworm casting, perlite, and what ever fertilizer is left. Seeds that didn’t germinate seem to have begun to germinate with the ladies. So I have 2 lettuce, a spinach or corn salad and another lil seedling. I’m growing my snacks eh?
However wondering if weed grew like tomatoes got me interested in growing and ilgm. Just like my ilgm seeds I pick a vegetable seed I’d like to grow. See how it grows. Lots of trial and error IMO, which makes it fun for me.

1 Like

Oh wow. I’m looking forward to seeing what my GG auto can do. Thank you for the info.