Is 12/12 enough for autoflower veg time

My concern would be the root structure, water retention, etc. Depending on the size of your pot, 3 to 5 gal of WC and Perl… I don’t know. I used to try different grow mediums on plain old seeds like lettuce, spinach and beans… see what works with expendable seed. Would love to hear/see your results.

2 weeks into flower and this grow is going to be a good one. Flowers are stacking up fast and thick.

4 Likes

@skgrowerk, just what I needed, what light schedule for an Auto.

anyone know of a post covering this topic? I tried searching…

@Screwauger is the expert on autos

@kw_Bat
12/12 will be fine. I generally run 18/6 or 14/10 but 12/12 will do. I’m not sure what the current thought/research is on this, I am just citing what I do with auto’s, your results may vary.

2 Likes

Had the same question and the grow turned out fabulous. >1lb harvest from 2 plants. Slow to flower, but fabulous.

1 Like

12/12 will work. May not be the biggest producer but in your case it’s better than nothing.

@Hogmaster runs his autos with 12/12 also.

1 Like

They will grow bigger under 12/12 over 20/4 or 18/6. Just in my experience

1 Like

Bigger plants or bigger buds?

My 12/12 autos got 5 ft tall. Yeilded 1.1 lb per 2 plants.

4 Likes

The cannabis magazine I subscribe to has some research dude on this topic and he sais 20on 4 off.

@Nicky That’s good but I have also done research and had way better results under 12/12 I do first week 24-0 then 2-3 week 16-8 or 18-6 or 20-4 then 12/12 till done but there your plants just trying to help they do most of there growing In the dark :wink:

7 Likes

Im following this technique with my 2 wwa. Just went to 18/6 last night after their first week

1 Like

@Hogmaster I really like this plan. I may try this with my Pineapple Express autos.

1 Like

I must have hit the wrong reply button before. @Hogmaster that question was intended to be directed at you.

It’s strange that you say that @Hogmaster and I don’t doubt your personal experience I just wonder what your variables are.

After reading all the main websites and a cowering forums. There is no 100% agreed apon scedule but the majority agrees that 12/12 produces sub par results, better if you go about how you explained veg in more light of a minium 18hr and then drop to 12/12.
Due to the fact that autoflowers genetics come from plants that lived in areas where the light scedule is a minium of 18hr, more like 20/4 or 24/0 less than 18hr is not recommended by the majority of growers be they expert or not.
That also being said after vegging for 24/0 or 20/4 flowering at 18/6 is what seems to be recommended.

First week or two of 24/0 then maybe cut back to 20/4 and after the 30 day mark cut back to 18/6.

But we can agree to disagree respectfully, I know you have alot more growing experience than me but I do alot of digging. :wink:

2 Likes

More weight in buds

1 Like

@Nicky with autos they are all so different compared to fem seeds I have never grown any autos that are alike out of 5 you can get 5 different results let me no how they turn out

2 Likes

I will be growing more autos now as I work away alot and their just set it and forget it. Currently mine are under 24hr on but will be switched to 12/12 in a month (after veg) only because my tent has photos in it and it will. Just have to do.
Bht this fall I’m going to run autos on the 24/0 for veg and the 18/6 for flower.

I need a 4x4 setup. So I can use my 2x4 for vegging lol

2 Likes