Irishlady269 Grow Journal

Topping is sort of a personal choice. Some people top, some fim, some don’t do either. It definitely isn’t a bad thing to top. I will wait until they get to the 5th set of nodes and top and then start Low Stress Training. I may be stating the obvious but if you are going to top don’t wait until you start flower. Your girls look like they are big enough to go ahead and do it if you decide you want to.

1 Like

Thank You for all of the help you have given me.
I appreciate it more then you know.
By the way. I hope my plants look 1/2 as good as yours. Yours looks amazing.
I can’t wait to get my new seeds in to start all over again. Lol

2 Likes

8 Likes

My husband and I are having a debate about how old my plants are.
Yes, I am new as a mader of fact.
I put them in the soil on May 31st. I say they are 45 days old. He think they are younger.
I gave them a haircut. I don’t know if I did enough or not?? I didn’t want to take off to much.
B plant was a slow starter but she is catching up fast.
My PPM’s are 3100 after I gave her water. They did go down today by 1800. 3 days ago was the last time i watered it and tested it. As for the ph was 530 so I gave them ph-up and some cal-meg.

I also had to move the light up 5 inches. (I check it ever other watering)

Short and sweet. September can’t come fast enough.

:blush: :dash: :dash: Puff-Puff Pass…

1 Like

4 Likes

I forgot I also moved the plants on old clean oven racks with covered bricks. I wanted more airflow to the plants.
Let’s see how it works.

1 Like

They are pretty, would be prettier with natural lighting on the photo ops :rofl:
Age is a fickle thing when it comes to this weed! first comes seedling, and after the third set of nodes or six branches forms they are considered to be in vegetative stage . Then it is usually safe to do some light abuse :grin: So take all the info you can get about it and decide when it is safe to proceed with the madness. Oh yeah, welcome to the forum @Irishlady269. You have chosen the right place to grow weed!

2 Likes

Nice growth, as far as age generally speaking you would consider seedling stage, veg stage, and of coarse then Flower. Seedling is once they break soil. Veg is when they form first full set leaves or develop a node. Flower is when the first pistles start forming and develops into what looks like a little button. Those are just general definitions that most people think of as stages of plant development.

1 Like

I need to turn off the light when lights are on.:joy::crazy_face:

This was June 11th is this what y’all are talking about. From then on I’ve taken pictures almost every week or so. I can backtrack thank god.

@Holmes Thank you for the welcome.

@Bulldognuts @Holmes
Thank you for the help. Much appreciated.

:dash: :dash: :relaxed:

3 Likes

This is July 4th I started seeing the nodes.
So if I’m understanding correctly. As of July 4 I’m in veg stage? A little confused.
Maybe I need to smoke! Lol

2 Likes

Believe me I understand. I wouldn’t get bothered about being able to say exactly how old plants are. Basically the idea is to just have a general idea of what stage you are in, sort of a definition of terms that everyone can understand. So right now you are in veg. Once you flip lights and usually within 10 to 14 days you will see pistles forming and you will then be considered in flower.

2 Likes

@Irishlady269 as soon as lights go out or right before they come on, take your pics with the flash and everyone will see their true colors. You can top them any time in veg. earlier being better but I personally like 8 or 10 branches to help fill the SCROG , and then take cuttings when I put her in flower. I do not take any leaves early because they are the “solar panels” for the photosynthesis, later in life I do some defoliating for light penetration and airflow!

1 Like

Here is my set-up

5x5x72 Vivosun grow tent kit
8 in. Air filtration system (filter is outside and fun is inside) great 0 pressure. ?? I think it’s right. Lol
2x’s 600 watt led grow light (18/5)
1-16 in. 1-small one oscillating fan
Humidifier
2 three gallon pots
Light timer
Ff soil cut with mix soil
My girls Bubblelicious

I haven’t feed them yet. I’m PHing the water.
Gave them a trim an be is finely catching up with A.
If there is anythung I need to do please let me know. I am new at growing weed but I have had a vegetable garden.
Any advice would be appreciated :heart:

:dash: :dash: :relaxed:
PUFF PUFF PASS

6 Likes

B. Started off slow but she look like she is catching up to her sister.

6 Likes

It Look like my girls have a start on nutrition burn.
Any suggestions???

1 Like

I do not see any indications of nutrient burn. And in my opinion, I think those leaves look absolutely gorgeous!

:dash::dash::football:

Or

:dash::dash::soccer:

Lol!

3 Likes

These girls are looking great. I’m not seeing any burn. So far they are on track. This being your first grow it’s easy to be overly concerned. Keep updating journal, many times by putting up pics someone may notice something that needs to be addressed. But right now everything looks good. :+1:

2 Likes

Hey, @Bulldognuts… I’ve got my FFOG and Jacks321 in my shopping cart. Gonna try a KISS321 grow when I start back inside again. I just need to get a ppm pen too.

2 Likes

I’m loving it. I know you saw the Skywalkers pics and I am more than pleased. Hopefully they finish as strong on Jack’s as they started.

1 Like

I’m a hockey lady. :heart:

2 Likes