Irishay's First Grow - Granddaddy Purple ( ILGM Seeds )

They all but one sprouted on 4/20 from the soil. The one that didn’t sprout on 4/20 came a day later and was due to accidentally tipping the cup when placing it in to where the seed had rolled to the side of the cup, due to this she had to work a lil extra hard due to being put in a corner. So obviously we named her “baby” because nobody puts baby in a corner…

All jokes aside, this is my first grow and I’ve been taking trickles of advice and comparing it to what everyone says to see what works best for me, and all advice is welcome.

I’m using " MARS HYDRO Grow Tent Kit Complete 4x4ft TSW 2000W Led Grow Light Dimmable Full Spectrum,Indoor Grow Tent Kit 48"x48"x80"" and due to lack of solid info on this model I finally got the answers I was seeking from other growers on my first thread I had made on here so now I finally know how to use it.

Finally understand pH levels, and got a PPFD Meter to better pinpoint the lighting for the plants.

Hopefully I can make this a great crop with many more to come. I’ve been over analyzing it all and my friends seemed shocked that I hadn’t already grown due to my background in cannabis, so now everyone says I am looking to much into it and researching to much. But I’m finding the information from other growers experiences so interesting lol. Well enough with the rant… Here is some photos…

3 Likes

Bottom photo is today. (day 5), and top photo is “Baby”, in the bottom photo is is the middle on the bottom.

Cheers.

2 Likes

What strain(s) are you growing?

1 Like

All 6 Granddaddy purple(GDP) on this one.

2 Likes

Very nice. Ill be tagging along for sure!

1 Like

Looks like off to a good start. You will probably need a second light for a 4x4 and 6 plants when they get bigger.

2 Likes

a second of the same one? I wonder if it’d fit.

It should fit and another one will give you 600 watts or a little over 35 watts per square foot which would be perfect with modern high efficiency lamps. You have 3-4 weeks before you need to add a second light so you have time to work it out.

1 Like

Yeah I mean it’s not to pricey. Although I am in a third floor apartment unit so I wonder if it’d be a power consumption issue that would mess with the breaker or not. I will def have to look into this though.

600 watts plus another hundred watts or so for fans and stuff and that should be nothing to a power draw unless you have a bunch of other stuff on the breaker. Adding heaters and air conditioners can make the power consumption go up considerably so you’ll need to be careful if you have that stuff on the same circuit.

3 Likes

Alright sounds good, I’ll pick one up this week. I like the fact I can connect them together too, won’t hurt. How many plants you think that tent can push with that sort of lighting? And would it be better to just upgrade the lighting to a different one that can cover the entire tent?

I don’t like to answer that question because I have a stash that will last me a long time so I’m grow for quality now, not quantity.

Sounds like I would be in the minority, but i grow one plant in my 2x4 and 3x3 tents and would not do more then two in a 4x4.

I just bought an ACInfinity 4x4 tent because it fit my space (height) much better then my 3x3 gorilla grow shorty, and I wanted to try it out, but have not yet used it for flowering, but even still, I’d be tempted to just do one.

Using two lamps provides flexibility with plants of different heights. If you were going to do a veg and flower tent then getting the Mars hydro 4000 for the 4x4 and using the 2000 for a 3x3 or smaller would work.

3 Likes

Nothin wrong with that!

Im doing 5 GG autos in a 4x4 tent, they are 6 and 7ish weeks along and its starting to get a lil crowded in there, ordering a 5x5 and a hlg 600r spec that will be their new home once i get it but i think i will stick to 3 next time …probably green crack, chemdawg and gold leaf ILGM fems. Best of luck with the purps!!

3 Likes

Yeah I mean I def don’t want to overdo it by any means. Hopefully this run will do fine :smiley:

Day 6.

1 Like

Looking good!

1 Like

Thank you

Welcome @irishay hope ya dont mind me tagging along. Stalking newbies like myself is helping me gather tons of info and all here are more than willing to help. Ask questions and research and ask more questions works best for me.

2 Likes

Aye the more the better , with all the methods of growing out there it’ll be cool to mix it up and test some things out.

2 Likes