iPhone Macro Lens

I currently use a jewelers loop and a pocket microscope to inspect the trichomes on my plants to time my harvest, but I am looking to add a macro lens to my iPhone for pictures.

I think there is major added benefit in being able to take a picture and inspect it longer.
I would also be able to track my prior year’s progress with pictures.

Here is what I currently use:

Carson MicroBrite Plus 60x-120x Power LED Lighted Pocket Microscope

KINGMAS Mini 60x Microscope Magnifying with LED UV Light Pocket Jewelry Magnifier Jeweler Loupe

Here is one I am currently looking at:

I am worried that 21x might not be enough magnification, but I guess I could zoom in more on the picture once it is taken.

There seem to be a ton of cheap one’s out there, but I would rather pay for quality that will last and perform better.

Does anyone have any better suggestions?
Anyone had any experience with the olloclip?

Check that out! I do think 21x is not enough, imho. Good luck!

I like the idea of having the loup on a keychain, but this 30x isnt enough to easily tell harvest time. Now i feel like i somewhat wasted my money because there is minimal utility to this. Def pay for quality. I think at least 60x though.

Grab a 99¢ laser pointer, break it open, and take out the small convex lens. Wrap a paperclip, bread tie, whatever around it, then tape it to the back of your phone directly over the camera lens, carefully, obviously. You don’t want to scratch your lens. I think this applies, regardless of what you’re clipping or taping or whatever onto your phone. Turn off all your fans, take a video of all your buds up close, then take stills from the video, or watch in slow motion.

I have no buds to use for an example right now, but there are some old shots taken this way here:

FYI, I reached out to a couple master growers on Instagram and they told me not to waste my money on a nice macro lens and just get a USB microscope on Amazon for $20.

I got this one: Portable USB Digital Microscope 20x-800x Magnification 8-LED Mini Microscope Endoscope Camera Magnifier with Stand

It works fantastic and I am able to take video and pictures with it.
It has great lighting and it’s also easy to focus.

I know its not exactly what my question is, but this was the solution to my overall problem.
Looks like bluntlyey420 was right on the money.

Thanks for the advice!