Ionic paint additive

Any one use this stuff?

Does it work? It’d be nice to keep any spores from gaining a foothold.

Is deionizing the air bad for cultivation?

While the theory could be plausible there is a couple things that makes me call BS.
if it had rare earth metals it would be super expensive, also probably have to have a MSDS/SDS and thus you could read about in its data sheet and would be fill of heavy metals thus highly dangerous if breathed in or rubbed into your skin etc.
Also I doubt it would work very well, it’s just such a minor amount even when covered a large surface.
Finally they are making it sound alot more technical then they need and that’s purely to sell people who don’t understand it fully.

Your better to just rent an ozone machine and run it in your space if you have an issue.

3 Likes

Except, you can’t be home, and you’d better not have plants in there. Everything dies with ozone generators. But t does remove smells well. :grin:

That’s why I was wondering. Would painting a grow room with this have negative impacts on the plants?

Oh definitely but I’m saying if you need to sterilize a room after an issue or before renting/selling/family coming over…

The paint wouldn’t hurt the plants but I don’t think it would do anything really.
Again I have no knowledge or experience with this item merely my thoughts.

2 Likes

Im still trying to figure out the paint moves the air through it idk about this one i have to re read that again im on my first cup of coffee here at work to
What are those exact rare earth metals ?
My water heater is piezoelectric that comes from heat and pyroelectric isn’t that a low form of static electricity from heat by some type of friction. If there was a simple way to test this on something to see what it really does then i would get a sample but it’s kinda the perfect con promote great things and no way to verify what the special 31 rare earth metals are but works by the air out of your vents how could you test this out ?? I don’t want to say it’s a junk product but it really seems like a spam and jelly sandwich to me.

2 Likes

Rare earth metals

Lanthanum (sometimes considered a transition metal)
Cerium
Praseodymium
Neodymium
Promethium
Samarium
Europium
Gadolinium
Terbium
Dysprosium
Holmium
Erbium
Thulium
Ytterbium
Lutetium
Actinium (sometimes considered a transition metal)
Thorium
Protactinium
Uranium
Neptunium
Plutonium
Americium
Curium
Berkelium
Californium
Einsteinium
Fermium
Mendelevium
Nobeliuim
Lawrencium

Some of these are crazy expensive im my metal supply house book a 6x6x6 block is 8k and up

1 Like

Bet you didn’t know this element is in quality mantles for lanterns and gas lighting. (Not the political term lol) It’s no longer produced with thorium in the US, but they do still make them elsewhere. You can still order some, if you know where to look. They’re 10X brighter than the junk ones they replaced with non-radioactive.

Either way, I doubt it’s any of the radioactive elements. But I’ve been surprised before. Lol.

1 Like

Exactly.

Although I could think of a test.
Line a piece of ducting say 5ft long, paint it and with an ever so slight breeze have some sort of smelly air/gas flow through it. Now I don’t know what type of measuring tools are out there for let’s say mould or something but I know you put put “bump gas” through it and measure it on the other end with a h2s monitor.

That being said I call bullshit on all of this

1 Like

I could paint a pair of undies with it and then have Taco Bell. That could be the smelly gas.

1 Like

If you have the taco bell first you can paint them with it after by just wearing them.

2 Likes

I can’t argue with science

1 Like

Hope this is of help…I have a Meaco Zambizi de-humidifier with a built in Samsung Sterilising Ioniser and I have had zero mold since I bought this amazing machine. My gals show no adverse effect tobeing molly coddled and wafted by the RH selection from 45% upwards.

I have previously lost to black mold and spores from hell what this cost me,

www.amazon.com/Meaco-Zambezi-Desiccant-Dehumidifier-DD8L-ZAMBEZI/dp/B01BP1IXSS