Intermitent Budding

Hi, I have been posting about my LST on a few plants…

To help those who don’t know:
I am growing outdoors in a greenhouse - 12’x7’x7’ Green polyethylene with white metal steel frame.
I have ventilation with fan blowing on plants and a fan venting out heat up high and I have vents on green house walls located on the lower to ground level for allowing fresh air to enter…
The plants are Gold Leaf and have been flowering for some time now…
I planted the seedlings on 4-10
They started showing pistils in Aug. So they have been blooming aprox. 2 months now…
On a few plants all the buds are progressing at the same rate and filling in quite nicely…

However on one plant the buds are growing all over except on 1-2 branches which are very tall and they are considerably thinner almost like it was just starting to bud…I will go look closer on those branches to see if it is turning into a hermie there…
But as of now I am wondering if this is a common occurrence during the bloom stage?
If it is, then I won’t be concerned about it…
The plants have gone through LST and then later I got infested with mites…and used my habanero method to kill them…Which I have been doing during the flowering stage since that is when they attacked…
They left her alone and showed no signs of their existence during vegetative stage…
Everything was fine then bugs…Almost overnight

Anyway I have been at them for some time while the plant is in blooming…I am wondering if that is why…
I was told with this natural method the plants love it…So what do I know…
All I know is I didn’t want to drown her in chemicals…I have Doctor Doom and I have Azamax and other homemade formulas, but since she was budding nicely I didn’t want to hurt her or give us a unpleasant taste or headache…

So I ask the community if it is common for inconsistent budding…If so then if the rest of the plant is ready to harvest I will do some cutting except those branches…So she will have energy to finish those last ones…

I am also wondering if a light on in the backyard for security might the a problem since those branches are up high and maybe affected?
I will post pics if needed
Help!

I went and looked closer at the one in particular I am referring to and she is NOT a hermie…
Just being slow on one branch developing her buds…

That’s a pretty good theory now. You have violated the “12 hours of absolute darkness” rule. Your sole purpose in life is to show everybody else why we don’t violate the rules! :smile:

Yes, we’ll see if so then I will make myself a Scarecrow to frighten others from making that mistake…But after looking at her closer today, there is hope, I will just take off the branches that are ready and mature first. Then let the remaining branches continue…Maybe it will work, maybe it won’t but I will still have a very large harvest at this point, just shy of 2 branches…It might be short by an ounce or so…
The lights have been on the whole grow period…What it is, is a small 60 watt bulb across the backyard 40 feet away.

But yea, it is light, but distant and not very bright…It is only bright enough to see any movement in the backyard…We’ve always done this since we lived here…
Anyway, I think things will be alright…
Thanks for the comment…

1 Like

Is it brighter than the moon? If not, I doubt it’s a problem.

No not as bright, the other night it was full and at about the same brightness…There is still not much happening on a few branches though…I mean on those few branches there is buds just not filling in like the others yet…