Intake or outtake fan?

Hello hope everybody’s doing well. The further my girls get into flower the more humidity I’m getting. The humidity levels at night getting up to 60- 65. I have a two-part question. I was wondering people’s opinions should I get an intake fan to help with the humidity or an outtake fan? I have an intake and outtake now but their clip on fans. Also recommendations for intake or outtake fan that’s quiet and cost-efficient. Thank you very much for your time and feedback

1 Like

What size tent are you in? I would get an exhaust fan

2 Likes

As far as quiet and cost efficient, there is no better fan than the AC Infinity fans.

5 Likes

Depending on your temp 60-65 isn’t too bad for humidity. I am in my first week of 12/12 and I’m targeting 75f and 60 rh. If I can be close to those numbers I am in the VPD zone my plants like. I’ll make adjustments as they age.

2 Likes

I forgot to put tent size :frowning: 2 1/2 ×3

Thank you I’ll check those out.

Then I would look at the T4 inline fan from AC Infinity. You can buy the fan where it comes with the humidity/temp sensor or you can get just the fan with the manual control switch.

1 Like

I was told try not to go over 50% humidity? During the day I’m between 40 and 50. It’s at night that I’m worried about

I shoot for around 55 to 60 percent in flower with my temp around 80 degrees.

In veg I like it to be 80 as well but humidity up around 65 to 70.

3 Likes

This is the standard fan with no controller

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JB292JC/?tag=greenrel-20

This is the T4 with the controller

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZXWN3BG/?tag=greenrel-20

1 Like

My Temps are between 75 and 81 during the day and 62 and 68 at night. I’m just trying to avoid the rot if at all possible. Thanks again for your feedback

1 Like

While @imSICKkid numbers are a little different than mine he is still in the sweet spot for VPD. I struggle in my environment to hit his numbers so I make due with what I can achieve.

2 Likes

I’m having to adjust as I go. Come across the problem try to find a solution ASAP :slight_smile: here’s the chart I have

Do you have a fan inside your tent? That will help with mold issues. What temp is your tent? 50% may be the sweet spot for your grow provided you can keep temp. Do you have a dehumidifier?

1 Like

I have a 2 x 3 tent. 7 -1/2 Ft tall. I use an eight inch turbo fan on the floor. Pointed away from the plant. I also have a four inch AC Infinity mounted to the ceiling of the tent pointed outward for exhaust. When I had a flowering plant in there it was usually between 40% and 50%

Temps during the day are 75 to 81. Nighttime temps are 62 to 68. Humidity during the day 45 to 55. Which is great. It’s the nighttime humidity that goes from 55 to 65. a real quick background story. Single dad not getting 80 hours on a tight budget my son comes first so that means my girls come last. So I’m doing what I can with what I got. So no LOLs about my Jimmy rigged homemade tent. LOL. Okay you can laugh a little bit cuz it is kind of funny. Anyways I have a small 6-inch clip on fan with a homemade tube blowing into the bottom of the tent. You can feel the air but it’s not great. I have a 12 inch fan on one side of the bottom of the tent blowing up to the bottom of the big indica because right now my tent is bi-level :frowning: I have three 6in fans circulating the air around the bottom of the lights and the top of the canopy. I have one 6in clip on fan sitting on top of my tent pulling air out. For some strange reason the big dehumidifier doesn’t work so well inside the tent. Keeps cutting off. It also kicks out 85 degree Heat. Which makes my tent run between 82 and 85 degrees. Just finding that out last night. So I’ve got to take that out. I had it right outside the tent next to the intake fan to dry the air before it went in the tent. And I tried it for a week and I didn’t notice a difference inside the tent. The little dehumidifier I’ve had in there for a month and a half and it does pretty good but it’s not enough. So before I go spend money that I don’t have I’m trying to figure out what is going to work the best for my situation. Another smaller dehumidifier or a better intake or outtake fan? Once again that’s my nighttime humidity levels that I’m stressed about . I know it’s just going to get worse the densities flowers get. I can already tell the difference . The tent is not airtight there’s velcro sealing it. Again I do appreciate any feedback.

my intake fan :slight_smile: little dehumidifier and fan blowing over the babies. the other two clip on fans blowing on the big girl big dehumidifier I’m probably taking out and 12 inch fan. the overall picture.

2 Likes

Okay that is awesome I love the setup! From what I understand, with all those fans, you have a lot of air movement in your tent. I would not stress too much about the small increase in humidity because the air movement will help. How is the odor coming from the tent?

I commend you for raising your son on your own. I can only imagine how stressful it can be. We raised two boys but I had help from my wife. I don’t know how old he is but enjoy him time goes by too fast.

1 Like

Those are nice fans.

1 Like

That is a good idea but it’s kinda dangerous.

1 Like

I have seen some great fan like they use on job sites. Harbor Freight has a big on for about 50 or so. Home Depot has them for a little more. They make a bit of noise but the move air. I use two big fast for air flow. They are loud but you can’t hear them from out side.

1 Like