Intake Fan/Filter

I have a 2x4x6 tent in my basement with a Cloudline T6 inline fan with carbon filter for exhaust. Although my initial plan was just to have a passive intake system, since my basement accumulates a fair amount of dust, I’m thinking I need to filter the incoming air. Is there a way to filter the air passively? With like a bug screen or something? Or do I need another in-line fan and filter kit to clean the incoming air? Thanks!

1 Like

Here’s what I added for intake filter using cheesecloth.

4 Likes

So is that an in-line fan on the inside of the tent pulling air in?

1 Like

I keep and wash used prefilters from the carbon filter and cut them up when I need some. I moved it to be an external filter so I use a piece as a prefilter in front of the exhaust fan.

3 Likes

Yep an inline fan inside tent could be outside tent but it’s blowing air in.

1 Like

The box holds a Terra Bloom intake fan with Horti-Control Shroom filter. It is amazing how much dust collects on the surface of the filter. Simply vacuum it off and good to go. Both are a little overkill for a 3x3 but if I want to move air, I can move a lot of air.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Awesome - thanks!

I have a few of those work fine but mostly I use that charcoaled filter stuff in a roll and cut it, use 6” clamps. :grimacing:

4 Likes