Instead of cutting buds off

I am a day over 8 weeks of flower . ( Fem. LSD ) I have a microscope to look at my tri’s … Trying to take a picture while holding the scope and the branch doesnt give me alot of input … Having to remove the girls from the tent and station her so I get an optimum pic is a pain in the ass … I dont want to keep cutting small buds off either … Will taking a few samples of the sugar leaves off the plant give me a good indication of when I want to harvest ???

1 Like

No everyone goes by the trichs on the buds. I ended up Jerry rigging my endoscope to a selfie stand it helps with making your image stable.

3 Likes

Yup sugar leaves are a no go. They mature wayyy too much faster. Ull see ambers everywhere and buds wont even be 70% cloudy.

Stability as suggestd above is the trich (:laughing::laughing: im so corny) i kinda grab by a stem, and rest my wrist across my arm… sounds weird but it helpd… also lighting is beneficial. Not the light on the scope. Real light

2 Likes

While waiting on a response , I took a small leaf off each of the girls … I can see a few tri’s but not consistent enough to get a good read … I just hate having to pull them out ( top heavy ) and worrying about a branch snapping … The top buds are 15 - 18" long and are pretty heavy … Yep

I usually buy me a pack of the bamboo sticks . I use them for support when the limbs get heavy .small tie wrap .

2 Likes

Not sure what kind of phone you have but I found my cellphone takes better pics than the scope I bought on amazon. I didn’t want to cut buds off either.

2 Likes

I have been putting my Jeweler’s loupe in front of my camera lens on my phone taking a picture and look at it on my phone works fine for me.

1 Like

Selfie from an endoscope…what exactly are you taking selfies of? :joy:

I don’t know if it’s an option, but if you can take a video through your scope, you can then take stills from the video to get clear shots. Otherwise, take something like a clipboard to rest both the camera and the object of the shot into your grow space to take the shots. Then you can hold the scope and the plant on a steady-ish surface, together.

4 Likes

Why cut small buds off when you can scrap some of the tri’s Off the plant. I didn’t read every post so if it was already mentioned, my apologies.

1 Like

No @elheffe702 I mounted my electronic microendoscope to a selfie tripod.

1 Like

Oh. I see. I guess I misread that lol

2 Likes

Also I realised that your fans are vibrating the plants slightly couldnt figure out for the longest time why pics were blurry shut off your fans also.

1 Like

I cant have a real support system … I have to move them for flushings …

1 Like

Turned the fans off … Im OLD , that was my hand shaking ,:rofl::rofl::joy:

1 Like