Insects or cattipillers

Hey peeps just wondering if this leaf damage is caused by cattipillers or insects. I have searched through the plant but can’t find any cattipillers only a couple of small little black bugs which I killed. Any help would be appreciated. :call_me_hand:

Some sort of pest for sure. Suggest Captain Jacks Dead Bug and a very close inspection. (magnifying glass, jewelers loupe, etc.

1 Like

Thanks mate

1 Like

I would say either caterpillars or grasshoppers

1 Like

Something has definitely been dining on your plants. Wonder if the tiny black bugs were the dung from whatever is chewing on them?

1 Like

From the background this looks like an outdoor grow, if you don’t want to use any chemicals at all you can get ladybugs for the tiny insects and praying mantis for the larger ones! Both are plant safe and will just kill all the other bugs off! Lady bugs are easier as letting some out is no problem, but letting a cocoon of 500-1000 P.M.’s lose in a small area or into the neighborhood when there are too many for your grow area can have a serious impact on the local ecosystem.

1 Like

Caterpillars usually leave poop behind, tiny round balls the color of what they are chewing on. Those leaves look like some other kind of bug.