Input on Grow Room

You’re on it again @beautifulL0V3 if you choose to harvest just the top, drop the light, and let the undercanopy finish more, it’s definitely an option.

Getting another QB to install in the tent in the future, would produce more lumens per watt. So you would have a more efficient fixture, that produces less heat as well.
The blurple panel will work just fine for veg, so you’re good on that.
Keep up the awesome growing.

3 Likes

The 600H is 4xQB288V2

FEATURES

• Dimmable: 65-620 Watts with Optional Dimmer Knob Installed
  • Veg Footprint: 6’ x 6’
  • Recommended Flower Footprint: 4’ x 4’ or 5’ x 5’
  • 1540 PPF Total Output!
  • Passive Cooling
  • Dimensions: 29" x 15.5" x 3.5"
1 Like

Make sure you have a wheel barrow for your balls! :smile:

6 Likes

I’ve got two, one for each :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Ahhhh okay so it’s the 288 just more of them, I see. Well then it’s going to do a damn good job eh? I’m excited… wish it would ship faster though!

Yea, I’m thinking that’s what I will do. Still may only get a qp but it’s better than nothing!

3 Likes

A qp is still better than what you grew last year

1 Like

With the QBs you’ll be growing epic buds. What nutes are you using. Hit me up if you need any help.

2 Likes

I’m using the Flora Trio series but right now doing Micro, Bloom, Liquid Bloom and CaliMag. I used the Rapid Start & Gro in the beginning. Using half strength on all because they tend to get nute burn if I go anymore since they’re autos.

2 Likes

Haha yes! I like your style, glass half full :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m in a similar situation, and my last grow was in an unused bathroom with a lock on the door. I began my current grow by purchasing a roll of 100% light proof (supposedly) window film and using it as wallpaper. The stuff is made by Vivosun who are also the manufacturers of the 96 x 48 x 80 grow tent that I just sent for (!) and comes in a roll a hundred feet long by a fraction over four feet wide. It calls it 48" by 100’, but I think they make it a tad wider so it can be trimmed.

A 100’ roll is around $30.oo (US)

I can’t really tell if the angled roof in your closet is flat, or if it has “Popcorn Texture” on it. If it is flat, you may be able to use the material I sent for and some silicon adhesive to stick up the mirror film. I goes pretty quick, since the silicon glue is enough to support the weight of the reflective film even when it is wet - NO STAPLES required. You put a line of dots of glue (best to get it in a caulk gun tube) all around the area where one sheet is going to go, and then spread it flat with your fingers. A wet cloth is best to wipe it off your fingers, because anything made to repel water will not stick to anything wet. I use a thing bead all around the edges and then some dots all in the middle part to make sure it doesn’t belly out from the edges.

By overlapping the edges with a solid glue bead, the room can also be made water and smell tight, on the floor or carpet you can get a ten-pack of cheap mylar emergency blankets (space blankets?) and just lay them down over carpet or whatever. if they get trashed, so what? Toss the ripped one(s) and unfold & lay down another. This also guards from spills and leakage

I suppose you could use wallpaper glue, but I wanted to be able to pull down the stuff later if I had to, and silicon sealer releases without damaging walls, in fact it can be peeled right off pretty easy, yet still has plenty of holding power.

The reason I sent for a grow tent is because I wanted to use the room for other plants that I am very happy and proud with/of and also because I wanted to concentrate the light being used for my “special” plants, rather than having them share what is really a pretty large room - about a 16 x 12.

I too am a vet, and I heard a rumble about Congress quietly passing a federal law in favor of medical pot, but I have no confirmation on that at this time

Be funny as all get out if the VA in my state gave out “Prescriptions” for MJ before the state itself pulled its collective heads out of their backside, now wouldn’t it?

~Frankie

2 Likes

The 288 boards just the best 1,2 or 4 of them per light just work good :mage:

1 Like

100’ by 48" greenhouse film

If you have any doubt about peeling it off without damage, try putting a dot of silicon on an out of the way spot, let it dry 24 hours and cure - then see what happens when you peel it off.

Unless I am completely mistaken it should easily come off of any painted surface

The stuff is awesome!

1 Like

By the way - I go with Morsen Grow Lights anymore, because I have seen plants lean towards them in preference to other LED lights.

I currently have a 4’ x 8’ grow tent 80" tall with a 1500W and a 3000W “M Series” Morsen array in it that is plenty of light for the enclosure. I plan on at least one more 4’ by 4’ tent and another M Series 1500W as a starter tent

Right now the 1500W array is $133, so a pair of them is cheaper than the 3000W fixture (at $309)

I’m still finishing a room with reflective wallpaper, but it’s for plants I don’t have to hide such as peppers and ferns

Just so you are aware… that “1500W” light is actually 268 watts and the “3000W” light is actually 560 watts.

1 Like

I know - but I got tired of typing “equivalent”

:sunglasses:

BTW: 268 watts on a 120 VAC supply comes out to 2.23333 amperes. I was an electronics tech for twenty years

HLG is 2x more powerful and half the power(135W). Morsen is just repackaged China cheap led.

Morsen 1500 $139

HLG135 @$159

5 Likes