Inexpensive yet very good LED light

@Tastebuds @BobbyDigital

Hey there, here’s my thing. I have a 2x4x6 grow tent with a spider farmer sf2000, it was part of the kit with the tent, fan, etc. I’m seeing some growers saying it’s not enough for 3 plants to flower get through flower….would something like this be a good addition to fill that space on the edge of the tent once they start growing?

These are just a few grows with them. They may not be the best, but they do the trick for me. I have only good reviews from friends on the quality of the cannabis.

10 Likes

Love the straight talk Marine. Was my pleasure to give you boys a lift. And watch you beat each others butts on a daily basis. Though i have to say some of our sailors could mix it up right with you.

2 Likes

That would be a big YES from me.

1 Like

It’s not about how many plants. It’s about the space a light can cover. That light is good for flowering a 2x4 space. So if you could fit 100 plants in there, it would flower them.

6 Likes

Thank you! This is all still very new to me

1 Like

It’s a lot to take in. Especially when there’s a million ways to skin this cat. And it doesn’t help when technology keeps getting better and changing things. What may have been true 5 years ago may not be true today. Well, some things may still be true but there’s a better way to do it. Wasn’t that long ago when LED’s were a joke. It was all about mh/hps. While those lights are still tried and true, there’s a much more efficient way to light plants nowadays.

5 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087JKDVTF?ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details&th=1?tag=greenrel-20

I got these 85W lights for the sides of my 2’ x 3’ tent. Works well for me.

3 Likes

I am glad you’ve had good fortune from these lights
Wish the best for all your future grows :grinning:

For what it’s worth to anyone reading along, the 2000 is a legitimately good deal ($150 with a $50 off coupon) if for absolutely nothing but the driver. $99 plus tax for a 240w capacity Meanwell and some-odd quality light boards (they look to be the “old” “best” - so still probably just fine in terms of technology), and - the real reason I went ahead and pulled the trigger- a heatsink. Go Google the cost of a good-sized heat sink and a Meanwell that supports 240w and tell me the raw component parts of this light (even if not top tier) aren’t worth $100 or more. :joy::sweat_smile::rofl:

I need a new light like another hole in the head, but you bet I absolutely took this rec and ran with it. Will I be MacGyver-ing the bejeesus out of it? Most likely. But that’s not the point. :rofl:

4 Likes

Literally laughed out loud at this

2 Likes

thanks for providing pics of your buds to back up your claim. they look great. i will keep this brand in mind

3 Likes

Would that violate a vegan diet or keto?

1 Like

How many of these would you recommend for just a single female autoflower in a 2x2x5 grow tent? I am 100% newbie and it’s all so overwhelming. Would be nice to just get a solid answer lol. Thank yall in advance :blush:

1 Like

I’d get the SS2000 for a 2x2. It’ll be a bit tight horizontally (it’s like 22” across) but you’ll be glad for the extra light.

If I was confident it would fit (I’m about 80% sure but not 100%) I would say do the SS4000. It’ll be way overkill (400 watts) but it gives you lots of room to go higher on plant count or even get into a 3x3 without needing to get a new light

1 Like

ILGM gives the quantity in 3x3, so I’m hoping the 2x2 will still get good results. Thank you!!!

1 Like

One would be sufficient, but I have to agree with Graysin on buying the biggest one that will fit in your space.

2 Likes

I do think you will want a larger tent eventually, both size and height. The plants tend to outgrow such a small space. You got to start somewhere though.
So, by getting the largest light you can fit in this tent, if you do upgrade the tent at least you wouldn’t have to immediately upgrade the light also. Just thinking ahead.

2 Likes

This. 100%.
I started with a large tent thinking I’d be happy and now I just have 3 tents anyway.

The SS4000 will fit the 2x2 (I double checked - it’s a 22” x 22” so you’re good) and be able to be moved into a bigger tent if you do upgrade size later @afisher :v:

2 Likes

Good thing it comes with a dimmer switch :grin:

2 Likes