Inexpensive yet very good LED light

I know there are people who will tell you different, welcome to growing. However, if you are on a tight budget and want to get started without investing your kids college funds, I highly recommend these lights.
I have done multiple grows with the previous model, the S1000 which has a Sosen driver and 281 diodes and they work fantastic. Anyway, I just saw their new model SS1000 which has a Meanwell driver and 301 diodes.
I just ordered 4.

BLOOMSPECT SS1000 LED Grow Light for Indoor Plants Full Spectrum with LM301B Diodes and MeanWell Driver, Dimmable 1000 Watt LED Plant Growing Lamps Veg Flower for Greenhouse 2x2 ft Grow Tent

2 Likes

Buying the SS2000 and getting $50 off is an even better deal than the SS1000.
Its 200w for $100 vs 100w for $56. I don’t think you can use the coupon for multiple purchases.

3 Likes

Hlg just came out with a diablo 200 for $200.
4x4 veg
2x2 flower. Top of the line at a budget price.

11 Likes

If that’s a 1000 watt light I’ll eat those LM301B Diodes and MeanWell Driver.

3 Likes

Lol, lucky for you it’s only 100 watts. That would be a digestive nightmare

1 Like

It’s not luck. It’s 45+ years in electronics. I’ll stick with HLG for my next light purchase.

Amazon is for shite when it comes to customer reviews. On this very site, someone bragged about getting bribed for a good review on a grow light. A crappy one at that. Bragged about lying for financial gain. You might not like what I have to say about something, but it will be the truth. If you want to pay me for that, let me know.

8 Likes

They’ll pay you to take down a bad review too.

4 Likes

SS2000 and the HLG diablo both state 200watts.

SS2000 states 436 LEDS. High-performance SAMSUNG LM301B diodes

HLG diablo states, each board has 648pc Full Spectrum LM301H LED’s and 18 pc Deep Red 660nm LM351H LED’s.

Is the discrepancy do to binning? Must be right?

It depends upon how hard you drive them. Drive them harder more wattage but more heat and shorter life with fewer diodes.

3 Likes

I’m only recommending these based on my own experience using bloomspect lighting.
I am extremely happy with the results, I don’t see why anyone else wouldn’t be either. The lights are a perfect inexpensive way to get started for much less than the premium brands. A perfect entry level light.
I know there are better lights for more money, but you at least won’t be throwing money away if you choose to start with these.
Take the recommendation or don’t. It doesn’t mean anything to me cause I’m smoking some fire.

3 Likes

Honesty and integrity. I wish it was contagious.

3 Likes

They can start by not calling a 100 watt light an “XYZ1000”.

I understand the need for a more budget-friendly light, and it’s cool that HLG has begun filling in the gap.

A couple years ago, I was disappointed when I opened up a humidifier and saw a bribe for a positive Amazon review. It actually was a good humidifier, but no thanks to the bribe.

All this talk about bribes for good reviews, it’s like you all saying something without actually coming out and saying it.
Let me assure you I haven’t been paid a dime, as a matter of fact, I paid $79.99 for each of my S1000 lights, which is now available for less than $49 so I’ve benefited in no way by giving a good review for these lights.
I’m just trying to help out so… wtf
They can call it a Binford 2000 for all I care. They can make them out of edible materials, I don’t care. They work well, that’s all I care about.

3 Likes

It wasn’t anything toward your review. We were just saying that these companies pay for good reviews and pay for you to remove a bad review if you leave one. Some of the reviews, like yours, are legit. But not all of them are.

3 Likes

But saying stuff like that on this review is saying it against this review.
When you have no knowledge of the product and can’t add anything either positive or negative regarding the product, but all you do is cast doubt regarding the original post and what their intentions were you are insinuating that it’s not a genuine review.
So now, someone who can benefit from an inexpensive tool to get the job done, thinks that this is just a paid endorsement for some more Amazon junk by someone who would hold back the truth for a couple bucks.
I guess the insinuation of dishonesty really rubbed me the wrong way.

3 Likes

@Tastebuds, sorry, I certainly didn’t mean that, either, and I concur with BobbyDigital. It’s just a bummer that we have to wade so much through the Amazon product descriptions and not knowing if some of the Amazon reviews are padded due to incentives.

I actually bought my light on Amazon earlier this year, one that said it has the LM301H chips and a Meanwell driver. It seems that quality is improving, thankfully, and I had bigger, denser buds due to that Amazon-purchased light.

So, I really do appreciate your post, thank you for caring and sharing. :+1: :wink: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ive got this light and it is great for the money ive had nothing but good results

And here is the results its still growing aswell it draws 300watt from the wall

2 Likes

My last grow i got 5.5,oz and this one looks to be more

1 Like

As stated, it wasn’t an insinuation on your part. You’ve been around long enough that your review can be trusted. My comment was in response to oldmarines comment that people get paid to leave a good review. Which is true. So Amazon reviews are hard to judge due to that. But when a review is given here, by a seasoned member, it’s much more reliable than an Amazon review.

4 Likes

I see, yeah I had to stop and take a few hits, I’m a lot less dramatic at the moment. Lol

4 Likes