Indoors grow, led

What is the TDS of your well water? If salt concentration is too high in solution you would dilute with water. That salt level stated is too high for plants to handle. You should be at or around 1,100 to 1,200 ppm.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410
Well water is running 115 PPM. Will add water to the res but last time it didn’t lower it very much when I added 20 gallons to the 60 gallon res.

Might just do a full rez change. Set up everything at the proper salt level then monitor more frequently.

If TDS rises, plants are consuming more water than nutes. I’ve found this myself and is fairly common in mid to late flower.

3 Likes

Just added about 20 gallons, was 3500 PPm now 2500 PPm. For the next day or two I will add water every time it gets a little low and watch it closely. If no major improvement by tomorrow evening I will do a full res change

1 Like

2,500 ppm is better than 3,500 lol, but still way too high. How about pumping out another 20 gallons and replacing with straight water?

1 Like

Drained 20, then 10 gallons, got it down to 1800. It was filling the pots so I stopped, to avoid an over fill of the res. Will do it again after the drain has filled the red back up, and keep going until I get between 900 and 1100. Then check the ph as I’m sure it will rise.

2 Likes

After 4 drains and water added got it down to 1250 PPM, and 5.63 PH. Want to give it until tomorrow morning to go through a few cycles before making any adjustments.

5 Likes

If you see the TDS rise over time, drop your salt level down by 100 ppm. Re-check and drop again if necessary. If the TDS goes down, you can add nutes in 100 ppm increments until you reach equilibrium. That will help with overall health of the plants.

4 Likes

Been keeping in close, add water and get it down to 1120, next day back up to 1380, add more water back down to 1150, will continue until I change res out.

2 Likes

That tells me plants are feeding at a lower rate than your current TDS so you could drop further. Maybe shoot for 900 ppm and see which direction your concentration goes.

2 Likes

Yes I’ve added nothing but water for about a week, PH is running 5.98. I will just continue with water until it dips to 900

1 Like

End of week 4 of bloom, tomorrow starts week 5.
Purple Punch @ ILGM
PPM 1180
PH 6.12
Indoor tent
Ebb and flow
GH Lucas formula w/Silca and rootgaurd.

2 Likes

Day 31 of bloom, been two weeks of straight water to get my PPM down, so added Silica then rootgaurd. Decided to try 1/2 micro and bloom.
PPM 1620
PH 6.08
Water temp 67
Tent temp lights on 85, lights off 69
RH 54

3 Likes

Day 33
PH 6.12
PPH 1260
Temp 68/83 lights off/on
Water temp 69

4 Likes

Added
Purple punch
Day 33 of bloom
GH Lucas formula

2 Likes

Nothing better than pretty pictures of sticky trichomes. :blush::v:

1 Like

@DEEPDIVERDAVE @Myfriendis410 @OGIncognito @beardless @noddykitty1

Has anyone bought seeds from ILGM, feminized photo, and they turned out to have more seeds then a seed bank?
I just harvested a Bruce Banner feminized photo I bought from ILGM, and it was just that, so full of seeds I didn’t end up with any tight buds. I’ve sent ILGM support an email, but don’t expect a reply until tomorrow.
I’m still pretty new at all this, but my biggest question is; is it worth trimming and curing? Will the smoke be any good.
I know back in the seventies almost every thing had seeds in it.
I checked my other plants I have in the same tent, but didn’t see any seeds on them, but it doesn’t mean there isn’t.

3 Likes

I can say the same, except I chose to grow seeds, for my seed bank.
Males came from old seed bags given or bought. ILGM Super Silver Haze, did great, indoor, out, cloning and seed producing. No Tight buds, upping my lighting quality to fix this issue. Both indoor and preparing better outdoor space. Multiple environmental stressors caused Hermi explosion (s?). Even better, collected pollen for individualized flower pollenating. Bought more ILGM seeds for next fall grow.
Found two male flower sacks

isolated on separate branches, with surrounding flower sites in the past week
They love to be tricky!
Seen these stripes, before! My stud guys!

2 Likes

Can these seeds from (supposedly) feminize seeds produce new plants, strains? Out of 2 small branch’s I think I got 50 seeds.

1 Like

I would still trim and smoke, depending on how bad she seeded would be how good the potency is. Fire up a test bud :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes