Indoor soil regeneration

Hello and thanks in advance. I’ve only recently moved from outdoor grow to indoor LEDs and soil. I’ve had a few (3) indoor grows utilizing the same soil consisting of retail/commercial bought Miracle/Rapid grow with added perlite and coconut something-or-other. My question: Does utilizing the same soil repeatedly result in “watered down” soil? If so, how can I best rejuvenate it? It’s rich and fluffy and I’d like to make use of it. Maybe some composted cow manure and/or mushroom compost? Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

Hi @DannyDuane welcome to the neighborhood :grinning: I reuse my soil by using a premixed product called Earth Dust it’s a mix of all organic materials that will replenish the nutrients in the soil and continue to feed the plants then before flower you top dress it with a different mix formulated to feed during flower then a month later you do a second top dressing to finish the grow. I get it from a small company out of Oregon called thegreensunshineco dot you know what if you go to their website and click shop the product I’m talking about is the only one they sell with good directions and videos available on YouTube…

3 Likes

Hi i reuse my soil all the time if you add worm castings and organic mushroom compost with a bit of fish bone meal that should be enough for a few months dep on how much u put into ur soil .

This is my girls there in reused soil i re amended the soil with bat guano volcanic rock dust fertilizer and superworm frass and kelp meal and alfalfa meal fish bone meal and sea bird guano worm castings and i havent had to top dress at all yet and i probably wont have have to either

2 Likes

Good question. We had used same soil in the 5 gallon fabric pots we started growning in in july2020. It was FFO SOIL later mixed in Happy Frog. And mushroon composted dirt. @Aussie_autos he has a recipe for recarhging soil which I use now bananas and peels cut into 1 inch chucks ,cuke skins, cup brown sugar/Molasses. I use a old cat litter bucket fill with water. Cover it let it bubble for a couple of days. Use it a gallon at a time to pumpup the soil seeds and plants thrive with this I use it once a week for watering.

2 Likes

I use a similar system as @MeEasy with Coast of Maine Stonington soil and The Stonington dry amendment

3 Likes

What a great bunch of people/suggestions! All of it sounds credible to me. I’ve been Googling & looking into this fine feedback and appreciate every bit of it. Now I know for sure that it’s salvageable+ and can be reused. Whew,… nice to know. Thanks

3 Likes