šŸ‰ Indoor RDWC grow adventures HLG Jacks 321

Been super busy so I havenā€™t been posting here as much lately. Here are the girls this morning. Before and after training.

After

Clones are still trying, only been a few days though

Found pahydro has good prices on buckets with lids so I ordered a 5 pack, I only need 4, but everywhere else the buckets are 25$+ each with no lids. If I can get a5 pack with lids for right at 100 Iā€™m happy and will be able to set my tent up better for next grow with 4 plants.

Hope everyoneā€™s grow is going great!

Extra bucket might get turned into a cloner lol

4 Likes

Awesome dude! Nice find! Iā€™m glad youā€™re getting so familiar with putting together these systems - I might hire you to build me one some day! LOL!

Girls are looking AWESOME!!
If I had to guess Iā€™d say the larger one is the Gelato? Just based on what Iā€™m seeing on my tent! LOL!

I was reading an article last night about MJ genetics and I learned something , well maybe I heard it again and it finally stuck, but anyway it was about the difference between genotype and phenotype.
Of course genotype is the genetic qualities a seed inherits from itā€™s parents where the phenotype is the expression of those genetics when a seed is grown and is greatly influenced by the parents genetics BUT is also influenced by the environment. In fact, the expressions of the plants genetics are GREATLY influenced by the environment - even with genetically identical clones.
So in effect even though they are cut from the plants in my tent they can(and probably will) look somewhat different growing in your tent due to the differences in environment alone.
This is gonna be even more fun to watch now to see the difference in the phenotype expressions.
This plant never ceases to amaze me with it adaptability and ability to overcome whatever is in the way of growing!

Hey man - I donā€™t know if any of it worth a crap or is even a good deal, but Woot has all kinds of 3D printing filaments and other accessories on the site as of yesterday. Even printers - which Iā€™m still not in the market for! But I thought Iā€™d pass it along in case there might be something you can use on there!

Looking at your girls makes me wish I had room to train out my clones. But I just look at them as extra buds. At this point theyā€™re growing so well I think Iā€™m gonna try for 3 or 4 good ā€œtopsā€ per plant and see how they do. Iā€™ll clean up the non-growing stuff this weekend before the flip!

Keep on stokinā€™ man!!

You get rid of them shingles? Hopefully no issues with the tree guys! Between the construction dumpster and the logging guys that were here a year before the remodel our driveway is pretty much shot. I was talking to the womans nephew a couple of weeks ago and asked if he knows of a good asphalt guy and he mentioned wanting to have a parking area at his house re-done as well, so I polanted the seed of a possible discount if we got them done at the same time - theyā€™re like 5 minutes from here. So I think I got him interested enough to do a little of the legwork for us! LOL!
Get on it Miike! LOL!

Keep up the good work buddy and I canā€™t wait to watch this grow play out! Very exciting for me at least! :smile:

3 Likes

Let me know and Iā€™ll help out!!!

The one on the left is the gelato, only has the one straight 2in pipe and has the 3/4 inch in line, this is her, she is bigger in the sense she is taking up more space, but her branches are thinner and she has more small shoots Iā€™m probably have to trim

The bcp is in the bucket with the hump and disconnect attached to it. Itā€™s branches are much thicker and compact with less branching. I also completely redid her training and pulled her more to the center of the tent. I grabbed root picture when she was untied

The next time I get on there maybe this weekend I will take the kids off the bucket and flip it around to get her further away from the tent wall that sucks in when closedā€¦ I need to remember this occurs when I build my next bucketsā€¦ Or flip my fan around and positive pressure the tent lol

Iā€™m really excited to see if there is any noticable difference at the end of our growsā€¦

I need to figure out what ā€œweekā€ Iā€™m in and when I want to flip the light I would imagine itā€™s 6 to 8 weeks from light flip to harvest,ā€¦ I have space so Iā€™m trying to time when I want them to finish lol

My 3d printer ā€œworksā€ but itā€™s old, almost a decade now. Iā€™ve put an order in for a new one thatā€™s supposed to release in November, Iā€™m really excited to have the upgrades like auto bed leveling, filament detection and quite a few other upgrades that have occurred over the last 7+years itā€™s going to be really exciting.

Still working on hauling off building, did get the roof completely gone, the transit station dump places are pretty cool.

If I see roots out of those clones I will make a lid to hold both of them in the middle bucket and they will just be smaller plants

4 Likes

Those roots are sexy

3 Likes

Dude - they both are looking GREAT! In my opinion!
And I have to agree with @SilvaBack203 - considering where they started those roots are sexy as hell!
Dude - I have the same problem with deciding on shoots - and I have to go through it big time this weekend with The Thunderdome.
Do you give silica in your solution? Maybe a little extra would help with the stems. I guess in hydro the best to use would be the Monosilicic acid form since itā€™s the most immediately available for use to the plants. The one review on Amazon mentions Ph drift when first used. They donā€™t say right out theyā€™re in hydro but it certainly reads like they are! LOL!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BB4XF3B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@Hellraiser turned me on to it!
Iā€™ve always heard branches will grow to support the fruit but Iā€™ve seen plenty of fat buds bending stems to the ground!

Dude - you can really train them as long as you want. Just depends on how long you want to wait for a harvest. The plants will start pre-flowering heavily if they start getting antsy but people keep mothers in veg for ages too so I donā€™t guess it hurts.
I need to look up the flowering times and get a handle on what Iā€™m looking at too so Iā€™ll be sure to let you know what I discover.

Nice work on the roof! We have the dump station things too. I carry off all the gallon jugs and water bottles to the recycle bins there in addition to the cardboard boxes. Well, the gallon jugs I donā€™t fill from the rain barrel at least! :laughing:

Yeah - if you get them to root, which I donā€™t see why they wonā€™t, just limit them to a cola or two and flip after a week or two or whenever the other girls are ready. Theyā€™ll be fine.
I told you my next experiment I want to try.
Should be a hoot!

Keep on gettinā€™ it man!!

2 Likes

Busy busy busy,

Got to give the girls some attention this morning, re did all the training, which provided me the opportunity to get some root shots, it also let me turn the bcp lid around, this moves the plant a couple of inches from the tent wall.

Also while I had full access to the roots I pulled them back into their bucket, the far left one had about a 2 feet worth of roots in the next bucket and the last plant had about the same down the pvc pipe towards the res.

And the other

Added 5 gallons mixed nuet water today as well.

Happy growing everyone!

5 Likes

Looking awesome man!!
Those roots! WOW! Of course, that explains the massive tops - more roots = more shoots!!
Beautiful color too man! Very healthy girls.
Maybe I need to lower my Ph going in as my Gelato has never been that green!
Maybe it likes a lower Ph level than normal in soil.
I think my Apera might be off - I need to check he calibration on that thing! LOL!

I hear you on busy man! Been one of those around here the last few days. And even more excitement last night as my washing machine started making a weird noise right before the pump let loose for the third time! At least the last one lasted a couple of years. The one thatā€™s on there now didnā€™t last 6 months.
I have a feeling Iā€™m about to spend some more money today!
At least with the Best Buy thing I bought when we got the dishwasher I get free delivery, install and haul away. Though honestly I might try to sell it fr repair or parts locally. That was NOT a cheap washer and itā€™s only maybe 7 years old.
Hell, if i get $100 bucks for it Iā€™m good, but I hate to trash something that actually has life left in it and the pump is easy enough to replace, which was my plans until somebody got all ā€œIā€™m tired of this things breaking downā€ on me.
That conversation always ends in someone spending some money! LOL!

Anything on those clones yet?
I dropped 2 more in cups that were showing tips in the cubes. Hopefully theyā€™ll take off and theyā€™ll be going outside next week if they show me signs of growth!
Theyā€™re both heavy sativa so they should be monsters out there. Still hoping to see some roots on one of the Dark Phoenix girls soon!
Too many damn plants here!! LOL!

Keep on truckinā€™ man!!

2 Likes

Well the current culture bulk heads are nicer than the other ones I was using. These have the washer outside the bucket and the screw ring inside so you can take them back apart from the bucket. Wish I would have used these last timeā€¦

Iā€™ll update more later, hopefully I can get these new buckets together.

4 Likes

Well Iā€™ve been to busy to build the new buckets, hopefully this weekend.
The clones are not waiting though

So I went ahead and took the spare lid I had and got the clones ready, they can live in the middle bucket until the new ones are set up.

Hopefully this weekend, hope everyoneā€™s week has gone well. Almost the weekend!!

5 Likes

Dude - those clones are most impressive! The roots are beautiful!!
I swear itā€™s the cheapest way to grow weed!
That $5 seed is now down to a few cents per plant he way i see it!
Iā€™m hoping to have better results with the cloner next attempt since I now have the legit saucesā€¦I was winging it last time with improper equipment so :crossed_fingers: for the next attempt!
I have to say Iā€™m impressed with that little machine!
I donā€™t think I had the right focus that time like I did the first try with the skunksā€¦
The set-ups are both in a better place now so hopefully I get my shit straight for next time.

At least I got the clones I wanted for my outdoor grow this summer!
Hopefully I can get them into the pots on the deck this weekend and start the dance.

Iā€™ll give it another try this fall when itā€™s time to settle in for the winter grow. I got my ducting yesterday from AC but Iā€™m not sure how much difference itā€™ll make out there. If I can get it right I might keep the 4x4 going, if not Iā€™ll be taking a break out there till the weather breaks and if thatā€™s the case Iā€™ll be running a quick SoG of whatever I have already growing in the 2x4 and spend the second half of winter on some new beans out thereā€¦so many beans to growā€¦LOL!
Maybe Iā€™ll give one of those regs a run. All I need is one good female and hopefully I can clone the hell out of that!

Feels good knowing you made something from basically nothing, doesnā€™t it?
Successful cloning gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling inside!
:rofl:

Keep on truckinā€™ man!!

BTW - That Gelato is a BEAST!!

2 Likes

Yep!

I bought that Frosted Jungle clone for $55. Sheā€™s up to 6 clones now. I have killed two so thatā€™s a bummer but lessons well learned. Either way, 7 for $55 ainā€™t bad for already vetted genetics and it grows exponentially from there!

4 Likes

Well been super busy busy I got the new buckets in the tent, still have quite a few things to do though

Old

New

Iā€™ll get the small ones separated soon

Will probably switch to flower near the end of this week,

5 Likes

Looking good man!! Keep on keepin onšŸ»

1 Like

Al the girls are looking amazing man

1 Like

Seriously man - every time I look at those girls I just feel the pull to RDWCā€¦the Force is strong with you! LOL!
You saw the Peep-colored mess I got going in there. LOL!

Weā€™ll see what happens.

Hope you get everything straight soon enough and give those little ones a little space to breathe.

Keep on truckinā€™ man!!

1 Like

Still been really busy with work, trying my best to keep up with the trimming on these girls lol

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

4 Likes

They are looking good and healthy

Edit after i posted the comment the picture disappeared lol

1 Like

Looking incredible dude!!
You got a shit ton of nice tops in there and the canopy looks even as can be!
Both of those ladies are looking like theyā€™re gonna yield big!
The squirts are boominā€™ too! Theyā€™ll take off growing now. Although Iā€™ve never done a, is that 2nd or 3rd generation clone? LOL!
The tops of mine are almost level with the big bag girls now! LOL!
Yours will be soon.
Growing clones is fun! I really feel like I can torture them more than a seed plant LOL!
Itā€™s like - She survived cloning so lets see what else she can take! :smile:
Iā€™m still plotting my next clone grow. LOL!

I hear you on busy man! Iā€™ve been listening to that on repeat all week long! UGG!
At least I finally got my car back! LOL!

Keep on strokinā€™ man!!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s great! Happy for you! Hope it works well!

1 Like

Thanks bro!!! I can still see all three pictures, winner why one disappeared for you, oh well lol

1 Like