Indoor purple punch autos

This is my first time doing an indoor grow. I’m growing 3 ILGM purple punch autos in a Spider Farmer 28” x 28” SF 1000 LED grow tent. Using 2 5-gal and 1 3-gal fabric pots with Coast of Maine Stonington Blend soil with perlite added. On one plant I’m using LST tie-downs and leaf tucking; on another I topped at week 2; on the 3rd plant I have done nothing. All plants are doing very well at week 2-3. The tent has an oscillating clip-on fan and humidifier. The LST plant has about 5 nodes growing vertical including the main stem. Noticed that the leaf tips are turning pale-to-yellow. I’ve read elsewhere that the COM soil is too hot for autos, but grew outdoor autos last year with same soil and no problems. Any thoughts on the yellowing or comments on my setup and photos would be appreciated!

6 Likes

They’re looking great! I think @merlin44 @JaneQP @Caligurl @Oldguy uses Coast of Maine or May know somebody that does.
They’re definitely more than qualified to answer any questions you may have.

Good luck and keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thx for the tag! Not me. I build a soil mix and reuse each grow. I know I have met growers here that love that soil! I’ll post again if I can remember their handles.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag brother but I use pro mix.
Sorry I’m no help :man_shrugging:

:v:

2 Likes

Try a quick search of the forum using coast of Maine as the keywords.

I found a lot of growers using it, but did not recognize any of the handles. Some threads were started a year ago.

Happy searching! And best to you!

3 Likes

I am no help either…I have only used FFOF and Root Organic Original.

I hope you find the answers that you need.

3 Likes

Well dang y’all, I hope you don’t think that’s any reflection on how much I pay attention to your grows. It’s just that there are so many folks here using different things, hard to remember what everybody grows with… unless it’s hydro… :wink:Sorry to have mistaken that… :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

I use Big Rootz… No help here…

No help here either. @dirtydave maybe?

I think @SilvaBack203 has used coast of maine. Possibly @CoyoteCody. My bad if I’m wrong here guys!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag @Caligurl yes I use COM never had a problem with it being to hot your plants look great don’t see any problems

2 Likes

I started using Stonington Blend when I transplanted 2 Blue dreams for ffhf. 4 plants in it now. A sensitive Gelato which has her nails painted, A Blueberry auto at 10days old, no signs of dislike yet (3 nodes). The BDs are showing painted nails on one more than the other. I am also using Earth Dust fertilizer.

2 Likes

I’ve used the COM Stonington blend on a few clone runs with great results. It is not recommended for germ or seedlings but your autos seem to be doing great. It’s a great medium and loaded with nutrients and all the beneficial microbes needed to grow these for about 6-7 weeks with PHd water only. I would suggest watering to liberal run off and checking the PPMS and PH around week 5 to see how depleted the nutrients are before moving to synthetic nutrients :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Coast of maine bar Harbor blend still using it since my 1st grow. Best soil in my opinion

3 Likes

U r doing it right killer combo. I grew my lilac cookies outdoot usi g the same stuff just bar Blend was different. Great product and easy to top dress it

2 Likes

Really sucks ED is not available any more!! Harvested a bag seed sativa fighting acid frog. Came out great, larfy but good smoking.

Happiest I have seen my girls

2 Likes
1 Like

Thanks for sharing! Things of beauty for sure.

1 Like

She was and no problem at all

1 Like