Indoor no-till experiment: the permajournal

It hit me in the middle of mowing the lawn and before long I had no idea what I was doing.

2 Likes

ABV stuff? Please explain my brother, I’m curious

1 Like

ABV is “already been vaped” material from dry herb vape pens. After you vape the stuff and the flavor starts to go away, you remove the material and keep it. You now have decarbed weed ready to eat right out of the vape machine if you want. Or you can season your food, mix in a smoothie or drink, whatever you want.

3 Likes

Wow, not what I expected.

1 Like

Oh yea I been doing that for years… then I stopped vaping buds because I dont like how much is left having to consume the rest isn’t always feasible

2 Likes

I like the first couple hits with vaping dry herb, but then it starts tasting nasty. I don’t use it often because I don’t like throwing all that “unburned” herb out. But it does bring out more flavor than smoking it does.

1 Like

Gerty (left)
5 day germ
24 day seedling
23 days veg
76 days since flip

This lady is finished by my definition.
Anyone ever seen triches go colored like that??
She’s getting chopped and hung as I type.

Final Trudy Check wk11
Final Trudy Check wk11 1 (red triches)

4 Likes

Trudy is gonna hang on a little longer.

Trudy (right)
4 day germ
25 day seedling
23 days veg
69 days since flip

11 week triches Real Trudy 1 11 week triches Real Trudy 2 11 week triches Real Trudy 3

4 Likes

Happy to chop but I have terrible conditions for drying… I can’t control it down there, it’s too cold, and I can’t spare the cash for the equipment so I’m gonna hang her whole and see how dry she does with a short dry.

I put my hands in there a little bit and found ZERO root aphids, and I found that the worms are alive and well about 4 inches down there. Happy to know that… I’ve been worried.

Lastly I put a few alfalfa seeds down in anticipation of a 3-4 week period before transplanting seedlings in there. Store bought worm castings to cover the seeds. Hopefully they’ll help keep the soil moist and alive as possible, and have enough time to put some nitrogen into the soil.

3 Likes

i would have waited for at least another week on both of those but what’s done is done.

i can’t control my curing room either, just check the smallest branches (the 1/16 inch ones) and when they are to the point that they will almost snap instead of bend then it is time to jar up. but i am no expert on when to take from hanging to jars. my last plant was the first in 23 that i have put into the jars where they were 70% humid after a night. i have either had them in the mid 50’s by letting them get too dry or 78 to 85 by not letting them get dry enough.

1 Like

Man I have already pushed the lady I chopped well past the point I have pushed any other plants. That said… I will leave the other one there for another week to see how she develops.

I trust you my friend, but I can’t control myself sometimes! :joy::joy:

I also didn’t expect to see color in the triches. I saw some of them had purple in them…

But I am going to get out the paper towel this weekend! I’m gonna run two autos in the big pot. :yum:

1 Like

That’s not bad at all. I aim for 70/50 so you’re not far off and should work out well.

1 Like

I thought 50 was too dry… that’s good to know. You also use the branch snap test to measure dryness?

1 Like

So here is run #2 in the big pot, and my 4th grow overall:

(One of each)

If the bud itself (in jars) is down to 50 then it’s too dry. 50 for the drying environment is good.

4 Likes

I’ve been smoking some of the larf on the durban that is hanging in the tent, and I found these…

3 Likes

Sweet …free seeds …my favorite!

2 Likes

I like that attitude!

1 Like

Just like
A Friend in Need is a Friend in Deed
But a friend with weed is BETTTERRR

2 Likes

alright @monkman the latest scope pics are in!!

these look fairly milky… about halfway down a cola… middle of the plant
Photo on 11-15-20 at 8.49 AM

These are high on the cola. lots of amber… looks ready
Trudy 1 on 1-29-21 at 9.44 PM

Cant remember where this one came from. I’m stoned.
Trudy 2 on 1-29-21 at 9.45 PM

5 Likes