So I would like to say this is my first grow and so far (only day 10 atm) things have already had ups and downs. Thanks to hours and hours of research on these forums as well as others well before I started this project the few problems I’ve had I have been able to overcome them! Thanks for all the support and knowledge you guys and gals are sharing its an extreme advantage for first growers if they take the time and effort to research before they start.
So as I said above I am on day 10 so in this first post I’m going to log my first ten days. There won’t be any pic sadly until I get a camera don’t know when that will be as I’m buying equipment as I go.
The set up thus far:
10x10x8 room I built out of pvc pipe, panda film, and a lot of tape! The room is divided into two 5x5 rooms and one 5x10 room.
Sunblaster t5 HO 4ft single bulb 6500k
Organic seeding soil in small 4in pots
Not there yet but will be using Nectar For the Gods nutrients. FYI Organs Only offers a free (not free) sample kit that comes with 6 quart size bottles that makes up their Advance feeding schedule and a small bottle of ph UP and Khaos Bloom. They only ask for the shipping costs. So for me all the way across the country it was still only $28 so hell yeah.
Day 1 (Aug. 3): Seeds arrived! Put 4 Jack Herer and 4 Girl Scout Cookie Xtrem seeds in cups of water
Day 2 (Aug 4.): After 24 hours J.H.#'s 1 and 2 and G.S.C.Xtrem # 1 had cracked. Placed all 8 seeds in separate pots about 1/4in deep. Temp 72*F bag over pots for humidity.
Day 3 (Aug 5): No sprouts yet, sprayed with water lightly. Temp 72*F
Light came broken in shipping wont receive replacement till Monday
Day 4 ( Aug 6): J.H.#'s 1 and 2 / G.S.C.Xtrem # 2 have sprouted out. Sprayed with water lightly. Set up a temporary light until replacement comes. Temp 74*F bags still over for humidity.
Day 5 (Aug 7): J.H.# 4 and G.S.C.Xtrem # 3 have sprouted out. Temp raised to 82*F put fan in room. Sprayed with water lightly and bags over for humidity.
Day 6 (Aug 8): G.S.C.Xtrem # 4 sprouted above soil.
J.H.# 1 and 2 / G.S.C.Xtrem # 2 seem to have bad stretch with light coming tomorrow and out of worry from the stretch I started 18/6 light cycle. (too early?) Temp 77*F working on lowering it.
Day 7 (Aug 9): J.H.#'s 1, 2, and 4 - have all started to grow first leafs
G.S.C.Xtrem #'s 2, 3, and 4 - have all started to grow first leafs
J.H.# 3 and G.S.C.Xtrem # 1 have not sprouted yet.
Day 8 (Aug 10): Noticed red light coming from power strip had to tape it over. Removed bags. Temp 75*F Humidity 45% working on getting this up.
Day 9 (Aug 11): Today will be the first real watering. Had let tap water set out 24+ hours.
PH: 5.8 PPM: 137 Runoff PH: 6.2
J.H.# 3 and G.S.C.Xtrem # 1 did not germinate discarded.
J.H.#'s 1 and 2 / G.S.C.Xtrem #'s 2 and 3 are starting to grow second set of leafs.
Started to train stems that had bad stretch mix of fan and light bending.
Can clearly see the difference in sativa leafs and indica leafs already.
Temp 75*F Humidity 50% getting there.
Day 10 (Aug 12): Continued training stems on plants that had bad stretch. Put wet paper towls around area for humidity.
J.H.# 1 - 3 1/4in tall / G.S.C.Xtrem # 2 - 3 1/4in tall
J.H.# 2 - 3in tall / G.S.C.Xtrem # 3 - 3in tall
J.H.# 4 - 2 1/4in tall / G.S.C.Xtrem # 4 - 1 3/4in tall
No watering needed today.