Indoor Hydroponics WW Autoflower has drooping leaves overnight... PLEASE HELP!

I like autopots. I like DWC more. But I’ve also decided to try everything - except living soil. That one is a test of patience I know I simply fail.

3 Likes

I thank you for your time and help - serious, I ask questions and “BOOM” I get answers :slightly_smiling_face:
Just to have someone help or help them find someone

1 Like

Yep! Always. And yes. Your water level is still way too high. Take a snap when you lower it so we can take a gander :v:

3 Likes

I lost the other one (drowning) as predicted. I haven’t started any new seeds yet because I still have the 1 plant, “Love”, and she is gorgeous, but no flower yet! WHY?

2 Likes

How old is she?

Autos do things on their own time but if she’s much past 8 weeks from seed, you may need to switch her to a 12/12 light cycle. She may be a phenotype that doesn’t have enough ruderalis in her to trigger the auto part of the flowering. It happens from time to time.

2 Likes

Born 10/29/2021 Been on 12/12 for week or 2. What are ruderalis? What now?
Also, I want to start another seed (from a different seed bank), the 2 I lost and the one still have are from a different bank. II forgot to mention that I germinated all 3 seeds in my Mini Grobo Start - is it possible that’s why none of the 3 ever flowered, including the 1 I have left?

2 Likes

A week or two isn’t long enough. Give it another week or two. I flipped one of my clones about 8 days ago and she’s just now showing me preflower. Not even strong signs of it.

Ruderalis is the cannabis gene that gets bred into the usual cannabis sativa to create the “autoflower” trait. Ruderalis is a specific genetic type that is not sensitive to light. It usually lives in climates where it won’t get regular light cycles so it of course has to be tolerant of irregular light patterns. Like constant sun or near constant dark.

I’m not sure why the starter method would matter at all. It’s more likely that your growth is dramatically stunted because of how long it’s taken to get the environment right. Consequently what you would expect to be a mature plant is not as mature as she should be. Now that you have the growing environment improved, she should be able to mature and begin to flower.

Also, lastly, check for potential light leaks or sources of light inside the grow area like humidifier lights, or indicator lights on power strips, etc. If you can see anything, tape it up with electrical tape. It shouldn’t stop her from flowering but it will very likely delay the process.

1 Like

1st thank you for getting back with me and for explaining what a Ruderalis is (very interesting). Light leaks zero - I used the “shut myself up in the tent” method. Now how long? i sound like a kid :roll_eyes: here i go again :repeat:

1 Like

Assume that your plant was not fully prepared to flower when you put her on the 12/12 cycle and she wanted a week to mature. Then assume she will take two weeks on 12/12 to actually show signs that she is in flower. If after 3 weeks (I’m going to count today as the beginning of the 2nd week because I’m not at all sure when you switched the lights), she still isn’t showing you signs of flowering, you may need to “jumpstart” her with 48 hours of darkness before giving her the 12/12 light cycle again.

I’ve done it once before, so do it again?

Don’t understand. You’ve already done the 48 hrs total darkness?

Yes I have it’s been I’m guessing January 8

1 Like

But it was before we got the environment right

1 Like

I wouldn’t count it then. Honestly leave her on 12/12 with everything cleared up and be patient. I know that’s kinda hard but I know she’ll flower when she’s ready.

1 Like

OMG seriously? Ok then Is there anything I should do other than be patient, pray possibly sacrifice a chicken What should be on my daily check list - light check for leaks, water temp., airflow. I feel like I’m leaving something out Would you mind checking my daily to do list?
You have been so helpful and encouraging. This is most definitely my favorite community

1 Like

if you sacrifice a chicken, can I geta fried leg and thigh? lol

4 Likes

That’s about the advice I’ve got.

That and check the nodes for new growth - spade shaped growths usually mean male. :spades: I’ve had one all-male autoflower so far out of my fem autos. It was a freak accident but happens on rare occasion.

it is water logged. to much water in bubble bucket needs nutes to root,s and good oxygen water level should be an inch below basket of your net. helps give even more oxygen. drain add regular nutes for that week never flush except before harvest looks still long way to go. gurantee drain add nutes and water level with nute specs leaves stand up in 24 hrs.

1 Like

If it works, no problem :chicken: :crazy_face:

You mean this female has the ability to produce a male in its new growth?