Indoor Hydroponics WW Autoflower has drooping leaves overnight... PLEASE HELP!

Hey bro these pics are right after the lights came on. Does she look more filled out to you? Trichomes are Cloudy and maybe 10% Amber. She’s changed a lot since my last pics (I think so anyway). Let me know whatcha think, pretty please :smile:

3 Likes

She’s more filled out but she still seems awfully a underdeveloped. Dunno whether to shrug and say “some plants are like that” or what honestly. I’m leaning that way, though. I will probably never stop b!tching about my stupid Zkittlez plant that never grew smokeable bud. At least your gal is doing better than that :v:

2 Likes

So that’s it? Strike 4 WTF :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Sorry … venting. I don’t know what to do - I have all these seeds and 0 plants and apparently unable to grow anything… :scream:
Thank you anyway for all you have done to help me and your patience :v:

I’m thinking about chopping her top off, whatcha think?

Hey there bro I sent some pics to Graysin earlier (just scroll up) of my weirdo white widow that you have been helping me with and was wondering: SHOULD I JUST GO AHEAD AND CHOP THE TOP OFF?

2 Likes

I’d start a couple new plants now and get let her keep trying to bulk up while you let the new ones grow up. If you’re not already on 12/12, maybe put her on 12/12 and see if that doesn’t make a difference. Sometimes autos get confused and light sensitive.

My apologies if I already said as much earlier, I can’t remember anything :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I have 6 White Widow Auto’s in my other tent - all are in flower and starving. Gravity feeding set up like auto pots. Trying to run a set up like yours while trying to keep 'em alive.
As with the one we have been discussing, I went ahead and chopped :axe: her top off because there was too much space between it and branch beneath :face_with_monocle: . I took out some water and gave her ICE; which she always loves (need to get a chiller). Also I cut leaves off (only ones that served no purpose). What’s interesting is that the buds on the lower branches look perfect.

2 Likes

Looking alright - leave her going and see how she stacks from here :v:

2 Likes

Thank you again, mentor :v: Maybe a dumb question here but, how should she stack? Will she look dried out or all orange pistils, idk?

Buds will swell up, almost look rounded. Pistils come in waves. First white ones tend to turn orange or brown, recede, then new white ones emerge and will brown again - happens between one and three times depending on how long of a flowerer they are. The important thing to look for is “the bud swell.” I don’t see it very well personally, so I just let them go for the proscribed weeks of flowering, then start checking trichomes, and usually give them one to 2 more after that.

2 Likes

I didn’t know that the pistils came in waves :crazy_face: I know what you mean by bud swell and it’s like they get a little bit bigger than that and then flatten out pistils change like you said except I don’t know about “brown, recede, then new white ones and will brown again”… So the upper part where it appears dry to me is the “recede” time and just leave the leaves alone (don’t trim).

that was 2 days ago - much dryer w/ some browning today… just tell me if I’m retarded - like i need a fu#king SLIDE SHOW :pleading_face: seriously, I can handle it :sunglasses:

1 Like

Sorry I’ve been out of pocket here past couple of days.

I’m starting to wonder about the light you have. The buds look like they have not had enough light but then it also looks like maybe it’s also been too close at some point the way the leaves are standing at attention.

Can you show me a picture of the whole plant itself?

And, can you also remind me what light you have? Thanks.
:+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeah, this is the question that’s been sitting in the back of my brain for a long time. My recollection was the light is “okay” at least and was too close for a while but is further away now from the plant than it had been. I’m confused because they seem to be getting “too much” but simultaneously they seem a bit behind, which would scream either lighting or genetics. The nutes have been on point I am fairly sure (but may also be recalling wrong)

1 Like

Thank you so much for helping :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

EXACTLY!!! I have no perfect porridge :bowl_with_spoon: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

So am I too much or too little or is the light too big and/or intense for this tent? :confused:

1 Like

I am no light expert. I would have to ask @dbrn32 opinion about the light. (VS2000 led)

It could also be the genetics of the plant.
It could be they may have been exposed to the light a little too close or too hot.
Hard to know for sure. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

I am so sorry for making this all so difficult. Between you and Graysin you would think I would have at least had success with 1 plant. I do process information EXTREMELY SLOW; however, I tend to act BEFORE processing, and I know that is ALL on me. I have been trying since mid 2021 … I think :thinking:. Truth be told - I could be off a year (2020 instead of 2021) :roll_eyes:
Despite it all, I haven’t quit researching and reading what I can. I’m leaving her alone until advised otherwise. Again I am sorry for taking up so much of your time and everyone else who has pitched in - THANK YOU as well.

:v:

1 Like

Do not think twice about it. Everybody has been where you are. Every grow will be an improvement over the next.

There are a lot of folks that run GH products and it’s a good product but if you can possibly switch to Jack’s 321 or Jack’s for Tap water, you will do yourself the biggest favor ever. It’s a three part granular powder measured in grams with a small digital scale. It’s very cheap and so easy, you would be amazed. It is so easy even I can use it…lol. You run the same ppm’s/pH from start to finish… did I mention how easy it is??..lol

I’ll try to lay out some basics here in which you may know already.
In hydroponic system, the more water you have the easier it is to maintain a balanced system, (ppm’s, pH)

You need to keep up with how much water they drink (gal, half gal…etc…) in a 12hrs. and how much nutes/ppm’s they eat every 12hrs. In a well balance system, the water level will drop as the ppm’s and pH remain the same. When it alters from that, knowing what to do will become second nature, provided you have enough water in your system and all other aspects of growing are dialed in.

Once roots extend out of the netpot, maintain an 1.5"-2" air gap between the netpot and water level.

Air flow/bubbles in the water, the more , the better!

Good lights which I think you have. We just have to get you dialed in on the height/intensity which isn’t hard with the help of folks here.

Air circulation inside your tent above and below the canopy will help prevent chances of mold and will also make the plants strong to support the buds.

With the right nutes, lights, and and environmental conditions, you wont go wrong. Have I mentioned switching to Jack’s is so easy…lol

If it were me, and I wanted to grow DWC, I would go with the widest/biggest, tallest, strongest tote you can find that will fit in your tent. If you want to grow two plants, just make sure they are spaced about 2’ apart.
There are lots of options out there when it comes to hydro systems if you ever think about something different and they’ll produce big plants.

There are a ton of folks here that grow hydro and do a fantastic job with whatever hydro system they run and every body goes through a learning period. So, don’t feel bad about anything here. Every body does things a little different than the next but you take what you learn and make it your own. We are here to help. If you should ever plan something different and you are insure about what you’re doing, ask first. More than likely, there is someone here that has either tried it or is doing it…lol Good luck. :+1: :v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It’s fine not great. I have a VS1000 I use for vegging. Translates into 100w. The VS2000 translates into 200w. It’s a good light to flower out one plant but I wouldn’t expect much more than that. Mine (the 1000) doesn’t run hot by any stretch, I have plants vegging literally an inch from the LED panel.

Just for input on the light itself. It runs 301 diodes but they don’t specify B/H whatever, so I’m gonna assume the lowest possible on the tier.

2 Likes