Indoor hydro grow

Second week since seeds popped, changed res this morning, 1/2 nutes solution.
60 gallons of water, silica 1cup 3 TBSP, Hydrogaurd 1/2 cup 2 TBSP, GH nutes, micro 1 1/2 cups, bloom 1/2 cup, grow 2 cups.
Tent w/lights on 83 degrees, water 69 degrees, 800 PPM, 6.55 PH
First photo is Gator Breath

This one is OreoZ

PPM 1170, PH 6.49, water 69, tent 81.7 w/lights on, RH 48. Running GH 3 part nutes w/ silica & Hydrogaurd.

Moonshine Cookies @ premium cultivators

OreoZ @ premium cultivators

Fat Bastard @ premium Cultivators

Donkey Butter @ premium cultivators

Gator Breath #1 @ premium cultivators

Gator Breath @2 @ premium cultivator’s

2 Likes

Week 3 1/2, water temp 70, tent temp 80.6, PPM 1350, PH 5.63, RH 56%

All in this tent are from Premium Cultivators out of Portland Oregon. All in ebb and flow, GH 3 part Flora series nutes

Moonshine Cookies

OreoZ

Fat Bastard

Gator Breath #2 under a HLG 633w light at 60#

Gator Breath #1 Under a Bestva 480w light

And my Donkey Butter

6 Likes

@OGIncognito @ThatHydroCouple @AfgVet @peachfuzz @Myfriendis410 @Borderryan22

Day 21 since put into ebb and flow as seedlings. The Moonshine Cookies is curling up on some of the fan leaves, not sure why. All seeds are from Premium Cultivators.
All are under Bestva 450w lights except Gator Breath #2 is under HLG 633w light.

Moonshine Cookies

OreoZ

Fat Bastard

Donkey Butter

Gator Breath #1

Gator Breath #2

Still looking for advice for what to remove (leaves) and when. Planning on topping and cloning each one.

3 Likes

They all look about ready to top. I typically cut above the 3rd node, removing the growth at the 1st. This leaves 4 branches (2nd and 3rd nodes) that you can tie or stake down horizontally, until you are ready for the to grow completely vertical. Over the weeks, you remove growth here and there, leaving the desired amount of branches that will form colas.

2 Likes

The curling could be related to heat or a fan blowing directly on them ??:love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Well with that said, I’m hoping it’s the fan, I have 10 speed fans, almost one for every plant. I will turn the speed down, and adjust the angle slightly and see if it helps.
Thank you

Will that leave enough cut off to clone? I usually cut 3 or 4 nodes off to use as my clone.

2 Likes

You can veg them for a couple/few weeks. You continuously lay the 4 branches over time, and new growth will continue to appear at the secondary nodes, or the nodes on each of those branches.

If you top the way I do, I wouldn’t use one of the 4 mains themselves as the close. I’d veg and keep them horizontal a few weeks. Take the secondary branches, or the branches that sprout from one or more of the 4 mains.

2 Likes

Thank you, this part is all new to me, but I will wait a few more days, then remove the 1st node, and cut off above the 3rd or 4th node.
Might be a little tricky as I’m leaving the 1st for Alaska and won’t be back until the 18th. I will have a friend taking care of the ladies while I’m gone, but he knows nothing at all about this. I’m leaving him detailed instructions about the res and adding nutes, but that will be the extent of his knowledge.
My goal is quality and quantity, I’ve always gotten the quality but never both. I’ve changed my lights out this time around, my scrog tent has 2 spider farmer SE 7000’s and 1 HLG 600w, for 5 plants. My other tent has 6 plants, 1 Bestva 450w for each plant (1 light per plant) for 5 of them, and the other plant has a Green Beams 480w light. I have a small army of 100w and 200w lights I don’t use anymore, as I think that’s why I have not achieved quantity yet. Both tents have 10 speed fans, dehumidifiers, and air conditioners.
My scrog tent I’m running a 60 gallon res with FloraNova 1 part nutes, Silica & Hydrogaurd.

My other tent I’m running GH 3 part nutes, also with silica and Hydrogaurd.
Next week or so I will be adding Diamond Nectar to both res’s

4 Likes

I should have mentioned, the more nodes you leave, the more mains, 2 nodes makes 4 mains, 3 makes 6. If you’re going for clones, leave 4 nodes of growth, just top it and leave the bottom growth for a couple weeks, you can take the very bottom 2 as clones. It’s kinda growers choice.

I would just have him feed, no trimming or training. Leave detailed instructions and show him a few times if you can. My cousin wrecked almost my entire grow last year.

You’ve definitely got the lighting. Proper training, a good, steady feeding regimen, plenty airflow. I’m not familiar with your nutes, I’ve never ran hydro. I do coco and Jack’s, and a soil grow here and there for outside.

With your lights, you should be able to open your plants close about 3x3 each. Training them horizontally, taking secondary branches here and there, you can pull some really fat, dense nugs, and a ton of them.

I’m gonna bother the lighting guru @dbrn32 for some advice here. My grow is way smaller than what you have. I currently have 3 in a 3x3.5 closet with an HLG 350r and an auto outside.

2 Likes

Which 10x10 tent are you using?

1 Like

I have two, my best one is AC Infinity, very heavy duty, it’s my scrog tent.

The other tent is not as heavy duty, I’ve put 4 rips in it already that I’ve patched but maybe next year I might replace it.

Both are 10’x10’, I also have a 4x4 I use for hanging and drying, and a 4x8 I use for about everything, hanging, drying, clones, excess overflow etc.

1 Like

More mains, more big buds with my lights right? :heart_eyes:

Yes, feeding ONLY, and with the 60 gallon reservoir he may not have to add, and I ca n change it out after I get back.

In my scrog tent I have 5 plants and 2 4’x4’ tables and 1 3’x3’ table, I’m planning on filling all 3 tables to the max with big dense buds. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Do you have separate environmental controls for each tent? Or what?

2 Likes

I have fans, humidifiers and A/C in each. Each has a 60 gallon reservoir with a water cooler for the ebb & flow.

The A C Infinity came with hookups for different things but I did t but all the options. The intake blower and outtake w/carbon filter is AC Infinity but not plugged into the control board, as I’m not using it due to not having all the correct parts, or the knowledge to set it all up.

1 Like

How much are you getting vs what you’re looking for?

Scrolling from top and checking out your setup it all looks reasonable. I would be interested to see if you have any pictures from previous grows in late flower?

1 Like

I don’t have pics from previous grows. I have upgraded and improved from each grow.
My expectations are about 8 to 16 ozs per plant. This will be my first grow with the better lights, 3rd grow over all. My goal is to have 8 to 12 #’s per grow per 12 plants.

2 Likes

I’m going to put you on watch and see where this goes. If I notice something will be sure to post. Good luck!

2 Likes

I appreciate that, any and all advice is welcome ( my techno knowledge is non existent)

2 Likes