Indoor, hydro, blueberry autoflower plant

Second time grower. Autoflower and hydro. I am using a “zero water” filter to remove dissolved solids down to close to zero before adding nutrients, adjusting ph, and checking PPM.

My leaves (week 5, flowering commenced) have blotchy bronze/brown spots which I have read is probably a calcium deficiency. I have been using 1 tsp CalMag/gallon of water, and change my water weekly. 1.4 gallon aerogarden setup.

Since the brown spots persist on new growth after a while I assume I am not using enough CalMag since I am starting with RO type water that has zero nutes in it.

Thank you in advance

1 Like

It’s possible but would be helpful to fill out a Support Ticket and include pictures in white light.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

2 Likes

What do your buds look like? Brown spots and curling tips are normal in my part of the dwc world. My leaves always look like crap but my buds are top of the line. Main thing is keeping your water between 68 and 70 F ( good luck with that). Lower your nutrients. These water plant are super absorbers. My tap water ppm is around 300. I tried reverse osmosis water at 20 ppm and it’s a real pain to try to regulate it on a daily basis. RO water is for for professionals who have the time to check it 3 times a day. Use half of recommended dose in dwc. If it keeps going, lower it to 1/4. Then check your water temp again. That’s it.

My rez runs between 72 to 76. I also use hydrogaurd though and I’ve had zero issues and plant’s always look great except for one bc it got neglected but that was my fault :man_facepalming:. I use ro water to start my seeds and clones. Then well water up to the last 2 weeks of flower then it’s ro water again with recommended nutrient till the last 3-5 day’s before flushing with straight ph ro water