Indoor grow take 2

Ok so it’s been a while sense I’ve been on here and the last indoor grow got all messed up because of work. But I’m starting over and hopefully smoother as I don’t go back to work until April. Started two blackberry kush seeds from ilgm both put out tap roots but only one showed itself to the world on January 11th

I gave the little lady all the attention she could handle and by January 23rd she was looking like a doll excuse the blurple lights

And not to be cliche but like any great parent I want my youngens to grow big and strong so as of today she is officially being trained with the loving care of lst

Thanks for reading and feel free to follow along as I try this indoor growing for a second try

6 Likes

Set to watching! Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

What kinda soil you using ???

1 Like

Better luck with this one!

2 Likes

Serious question. Is it too soon to LST?

2 Likes

@Lostscuba it’s a mix between the soil in my yard work castings peat moss and a couple other things
@Familyman I’m not sure but the way I see it is like this the earlier you start them the easier they bend and twist so harder to break or snap
Thank you @dbrn32

2 Likes

@Midwestnewbie thanks for tagging along

1 Like

I am a newbie here @Josh1126, but a baby has to crawl first before it learns to walk, be careful about trying to do things too fast. Patience is a must if you want great results. by reading the bible, there are 4 grow categories and they are distinct as the plant needs different things at different times in it’s life and can put up with different things at different times also.

2 Likes

@monkman thank you for the input I’m guessing by looking at my plant that it’s very early veg as it’s on its fifth node I’m seeing and I’m starting to see side branching coming in not one hundred percent though. So I think I’m in the clear and I prefer to start training them alittle younger less risk of stems breaking imo. Feel free to follow along to see how it turns out

3 Likes

Hey @Josh1126, i am in no position to judge, have been reading on here for 14 days and learned a lot. But, i suggest asking questions and keeping an open mind. These are great people and they have lots of experience. I haven’t grown in 30 years and things are different now so i know i have lots to learn. One thing i do remember from 30 years ago was how impatient I was when it started. just trying to give you a heads up bud, it is human. My first seeds are in shipment right now and i am quivering in anticipation so i can say patience because i’m trying to talk myself into it lol :wink:

2 Likes

@monkman I agree that there are great growers on here I’m amazed at some of there grows and dream of one day being there. Slot of them helped me on my outdoor grow this past summer and I’m extremely grateful for them. And I thank you for your concern and suggestions they are taken with an open mind

1 Like

Ok guys just a little update today she’s chugging along alittle slower then I’m use to but she’s doing good I topped her at her sixth node but it’s looking more like a fun in my opinion and the side branching is starting to go stronger

Sorry about the lighting will try for a better picture after lights out tonight thanks for reading along

3 Likes

Just a weekly update on the girl she’s really starting to fill out the way it’s intended IMG_20190219_192631

And for a comparison

All is going well getting a pH pen and trs pen this weekend so I can make sure things go smoothly

3 Likes

So got my pH pen in today tested the water I’ve been watering with it was at 5.8 so not to bad All things considered so I watered with a dosage at 6.7 trying to get the pH up in the soil alittle at a time over the next week or so. Pics will be up in a little while

IMG_20190302_224839
Just a view pics

4 Likes

Looks good! Starting to fill out that bag now. Looks like the lst helped as she’s bushier than all get out.

1 Like

@Midwestnewbie she’s only about 6-7 inches tall but almost all the way across the 5 gallon bag and I just started her sisters that will be going outdoors middle of next month

1 Like

Ok update time with pictures

If you see any spots im almost positive it’s from water getting on the leaves during watering and that’s why the soil looks so wet as well
Now for her two sisters for sure and hopefully two more sisters that are bag seeds

The front right plant is a little behind the others as it took her longer to germ these four will be going outdoors in the middle of April hopefully
Any opinions or advice are always welcome

1 Like

More training was done today

@Midwestnewbie it’s across the 5 gallon pot now
And quick question if I put the lights on 12/12 in a couple weeks do you think it would affect the young plants at all

1 Like

She’s looking sweet. Yea other little ones need longer light to veg otherwise might try to flower right off the bat. But they don’t need the quality of light a flowering plant does either. Maybe get some cfls for the seedlings for a couple weeks?