Indoor grow moving outdoors-need some advice

All of the lighter green stuff is new growth 2 weeks after transplant.

Good idea! As for pruning i would keep it simple and pinch the central leaders to start with. That will buy you some time. If that isnt enough, pinch the laterals as needed. Every pinch will double your bud sites. I have a 12 foot cieling in my greenhouse so I will only pinch or supercrop if space for stretch becomes an issue.

2 Likes

Soooo I called an audible last night lol…
I switched my plants to a 16/8 light cycle. Sure it may be a little riskier, but I can tell these plants are begging for an upgrade in the size of their homes. I will keep you guys updated, but my tentative plan is to transplant them in a week and get them outside in my greenhouse.
I appreciate your help @Cannabian, your advice was extremely technical and helpful

1 Like

It should work fine, I wish you and your plants all the best and a great harvest! Worst case scenario, a bit less bud, but thats ok too. Next year you will be better prepared!

1 Like

Howdy ,nice plants in the pictures . I grow outside start them inside. I just set my time to the amount of daylight for the day i intend on planting them outside . If i miss it by couple days its not going to throw them into early flower. The days will be minutes longer . It has worked for me if weather allows i start setting them out at 1week old for a couple hours every few days . This was taken 17 April

1 Like

this plant was in the tray above . Taken may 20 growing in 65 gallon pot

3 Likes

Crazy before and after in only a month’s time! Glad to hear that your plants showed so much resilience. That gives me confidence in my grow.
Thanks!

1 Like

Yes its quite impressive this year around zone8 No supplemental food for them they growing in Chicken , Cow, with mostly Rabbit manure. I read mention of greenhouses so i imagine yall up north somewhere. Where I could see the need for an early start on them . I do use a lot of myco’s from germination thru the first month of flower development . Extreme gardening Mycos at first then i use Great White watered in weekly sometimes twice a week .

I love this thread. I live near the pacific cost at a northern latitude right between Massachusetts and Wales. @James68 @FarmToTable

The one on the left was moved outside yesterday 5/23 and the one on the right was moved outside about two weeks ago.

3 Likes

And at 47N, we just started having 15 hours of daylight a few days ago so I though any time about now would be acceptable.

But I don’t know anything about growing outdoors! I found this thread because I was looking for advice on moving my indoor plants outside.

1 Like

Mr. @Cannabian, Please tell me that a plant in a 7 gal pot won’t get that tall if placed outside at this time of year.

@Cantgetnosatisfaction I love the before and after pics you got. What latitude do you live at?

I had these true Himalayan sativas in my grow room since Jan 01. They got too tall in a 5 gallon pot and needed a drastic chop to stay in the room till the weather and light was right. They are now 6 feet tall and growing almost 2 inches a day.

in fairness this is a genetic trait, Indica dominant plants will not grow like these. These are more like equatorial plant similar to Thai.
However, I am growing Afghans as well. If left in small 10 or 15 gallon pots they wouldnt get very big, but given unrestricted root space in good soil, they could very easily be 1 pound to 3 pound plants! We have yet to see what the Afghans will produce? As for the Johaar sativas, one is a male. He dies after pollen is collected and the whole greenhouse gets hosed down to kill any remaining dust. The female in the corner will likely need suspending across the 12 foot ceiling as 12 feet aint gonna cut it by my math. As I type she is growing a foot every 10 days or so. So yes you can get huge plants if you start em early and give them unrestricted root space and lots of water!

1 Like

@Cannabian Thanks for the detailed answer. I have one clone left that I’ll plant. It’s going to have unlimited root growth.

Great! Its raining today so I took work off, the greenhouse is closed down to retain heat. But I took a couple photos!

The 4 foot level for reference :laughing:

1 Like

Plants lookin good my friend, for sure :v:

checking her out that is our Super Silver Haze. Its a very good grower . I trimmed some little branches few days ago. Stuck them in the manure medium a few died and a few have shot out new sets of leaves.

1 Like

Howdy Headquarters are located near 32 n

1 Like

Hey @FarmToTable im curious how you ended up with your switch from indoor to outdoor? I know this is old thread but this is my goal for this season to start indoor and bring out. Just curious how you made out? Plus I also am from MA haha so same conditions. Any advice?