Indoor grow journal

So I wanted to document my second attempt at an indoor grow. My first attempt was a joke and I was not happy with results , I grew 2 sour diesel plants in my indoor grow box which yielded probably about 1 oz of some loose and crappy buds, I had a simultaneous sour diesel outdoor grow which yielded much better results.

I will be doing things differently this time around. 1 thing I will be doing very very different is I will be growing 1 plant inside of grow box instead of 2. Here are the specs of this grow.

• Seed strain: sour diesel, feminized, auto flower
  • Method: Hydroponics
  • Vessels: Grow box
  • PH of Water: 7
  • nutrient solution: ph perfect grow, grow, bloom, micro, over drive and big bud
  • Indoor
  • Light system: Next Generation Quasar LED Lighting Full spectrum lighting for veg to flower spectrums; 420nm to 460nm veg & 630nm to 660nm flower
  • Temps; Day/ 75 Night/ 70
  • Humidity; Na
  • Ventilation system; Carbon fabric intake and exhaust system
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: NA
  • Co2; No

I feel like I have learned a lot by my trials and errors of the first indoor grow and also all of the knowledge available on this great forum, wish me luck going forward!

5 Likes

Good luck on your new venture.

1 Like

Just to stop any issues before they start.
Should ph to 5.8-6.0 for hydro.
And good luck with round 2. :+1:
:v::call_me_hand::pray:

3 Likes

@Chefweedude , Good luck

Thanks for the tip, that is why I love this site! Should I maintain that ph level the same throughout the whole grow? I will start adding some Bloom City ph down to achieve the 5.8- 6 ph level

1 Like

Yes. That’s where it works best.
Water temp is another one to watch too.
65-68 deg f iirc.
I’ll tag a couple experienced growers.

@Myfriendis410 and @peachfuzz both do hydro setups and know it far better than me. :wink:
Any tips for @Chefweedude fellas ?
I’m out of my element :v:

2 Likes

:pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2: Appreciate the help

1 Like

@kellydans @Oldguy @KoolHandLuke @myfriendis410 @peachfuzz

I am happy to announce that,
Houston, we have lift off!

5 Likes

Congratulations ! about 16 weeks from now she will turn into a basket full of buds.

1 Like

Do you think it will be 16 weeks? I only ask because I was basing this grow on a 10 week cycle, or are you including drying and curing times?

1 Like

I think that is 10 weeks of flowering phase

2 Likes

3 weeks - seedling
4-6 weeks -veg
9-11 weeks - flower
The 16 weeks @kellydans said is probably the minimum

3 Likes

The Breeders guide time is just an estimate. Sometimes the estimate on flower time it’s pretty close but overall usually need to add a little time. Also every plant is different. Just my thoughts good luck

3 Likes

Per square meter . On a good grow.

That paragraph does seem a bit misleading.
But do some research. Hydroponics requires low ph. As low as 5.5.
That is what i read. I tried it at 5.8 , had some success. Not as good as media though.

1 Like

Good luck man hope for great success

So I took the temp of the water and it was 76*. Is that okay or should I try and lower it?

hello! I have a question regarding lighting, are you using the original Quasar and the 2 sunblasters that came with the box or did you invest into an extra lighting kit? thank you