Indoor Grow Journal. First Grow Ever

Here she is 8n the sunlight. These white spots are almost microscopic. I think it’s a little on the natural side. Spent an hour and a half under the leaves and no sign of any bugs at all.
Man this girl is starting to smell yummy lol.

2 Likes

That doesn’t look like anything to worry about mate

1 Like

Yeah I’d keep an eye on it. Other than that it looks great!

1 Like

I know I seem a little chatty about this, but I’m excited as all hell about my plants. Went ahead and installed the other 2 led lights.

I have my big girls under them, and the smaller gals under the other 2. I did notice a microscopic amount of nute burn on the tips of the baby leaves this evening. Not concerned yet. It is a VERY tiny amount. I flushed with 16oz. of straight water. It was watering time anyway.
So the people I ordered my lights from sent them to the wrong address… luckily it was my brother’s house lol. They had big labels on the outside saying, GROW LIGHTS too. Was hoping for a bit more discretion lol. Some California company. 1000bulbs i think. So if you want discretion, don’t order from there lol.

had to prune this one back from a leaf mold… happened while covered. Looks great now.

I have some white widow coming in. Can’t wait to get one going from that!
I’ll talk your ears off here on the forums lol. No one in my life knows anything about this, so yall are my only source of conversation about it…

4 Likes

I got my bigger ones in 10 gallon fabric pots now. I’ll let the other roots develope a little more before transplant. Bigger pots, but seems like I have more room in there now lol. I should just grow a dozen at a time lol.

@BIGE
Got my ph tester today. 6.6 at the roots. Tested my well water. It is 6.7. The house water, after a filter, is 6.3.
Also got a light tester. At the leaves it is 1200. Should I raise, lower, or leave the lights?
@raustin
@blackthumbbetty
@TDubWilly
@Caosred
Thanks for all the help everyone!!
Also installed 2 humidity and temp sensors. Day temp is low to mid 80s. I’ll find out what it’s at tonight. Humidity was at 46% after they sat still for about an hour. . .

3 Likes

Damn nice tent you’ve got there.

Now, I’m no expert, but I do believe that a regular light tester will not work on LEDs.

1 Like

Well they seem to like being where they are at. I kind of want to stretch the big girl a bit. So I’ll back it off a few inches. Sucks about the light tester… @raustin

Yes, if you want stretch definitely raise the lights few more inches, I would say 25 - 30 inches above the canopy would be good. Sorry about the light tester.

1 Like

@raustin yeah the light tester is part oh the ph, moisture test thing. So no big loss.

No, please tell me you didn’t buy one of those moisture, Ph, light measuring things. They will not give you an accurate enough reading on the Ph. I hate to tell you this, but you’re going to have to get a real Ph meter.
This is what most of us use…
https://www.amazon.com/Apera-Instruments-AI209-Waterproof-Accuracy/dp/B01ENFOHN8/ref=mp_s_a_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1524705240&sr=8-14&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=ph+meter
There are cheaper ones, but this is very accurate and a big favorite around here.

I’m really sorry. I hate telling people they should buy stuff.

4 Likes

@raustin ok that one is ordered and on overnight. What do you suggest as a ph balancer product?

This is what most people use. It comes with a ph tester that uses drops, but it’s not very accurate, so don’t use it.
https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-pH-Control-Kit/dp/B000BNKWZY/ref=mp_s_a_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1524709952&sr=8-14&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=ph+down
I’m glad you asked before buying. :wink:

1 Like

@raustin I actually bought this lol
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017H737CG/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Canceled that order quick lol

That’s calibration solution for calibrating the ph meter. Is that what you were looking for? The link I just put up is for raising and lowering ph for the plants - something completely different.

1 Like

Good, because that Ph meter comes with calibration solution.

1 Like

I ordered what you posted :smile: thanks a ton!!! @raustin

1 Like

I use the bluelab ph pen and I love that thing. U need lots of calibration solution. You will also need solution to sit your pen In so it remains moist. It’s suggested to calibrate your pen monthly. Your plants look beautiful btw

1 Like

@Brianprado88 thanks!!!

I’m growing with led too. Biggest advice I can give u as a first time grower and something I had to learn the hard way. Too much nutrients can kill your plants or stunt their growth. Too little nutes gets u smaller plants with less bud. Learning where that thin line is between too much and just right is the hard part of growing. Take it easy trying to find it. My first batch got really burnt during flower because I was trying to feed it extra in hopes of doing good.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up @Brianprado88!!!