Indoor Grow Journal. First Grow Ever

Sorry to here that, look at it this way one door closes so a better one opens.

1 Like

So here is a close up of my trichomes this evening. Nearing end of week 6 in flower.
20180626_175214
20180626_1803041
20180626_1806036

1 Like

Ok, so there are sooooo many opinions about when to start counting your plants time as “flowering”. Some say the day you switch it to 12/12. Others say there is up to 2 weeks of “transitioning”, then flower. Even others wait until they see the start of buds to start their flowering calandar.
Personally, I like the transition method. Well I do now lol. After reseachering it. My reasoning is this:
I feel like if I start my plant on just water, like you do near the end of flowering, and I’m counting flower at the switch. My plants will not be getting nutrients during the most crucial bud forming week. Which would be around week 7-8.
If I allow for a transition time of 1-2weeks, I would still be giving nutes during that time. Making thicker bigger buds.
How do you all do it, and why that way?
Just trying to learn as much as I can!
@Aolelon
@anon95385719
@BIGE
@blackthumbbetty
@raustin
@TDubWilly
@anyone else who reads this!

Just took all of these right now.

5 Likes

Also my second grow is going really well!

2 Likes

There is a 2 week transition at flip. It’s the universal way that breeders, nute lines, and commercial growers all will describe their timelines. So when a Breeder tells u there’s 9 weeks of flower they have not started counting until after transition.

If u follow a nute schedule, some like AN, have two weeks they even label as transition.

2 Likes

I start counting at the flip. That’s when the plant begins sending hormones out for flowering. The stretch is part of flowering. As it only happens during flowering.

1 Like

I start counting the days once the budlets are growing in full force.

1 Like

The breeders timelines arent 100% anyways and you shouldnt follow them in my opinion. They are more guidelines. Every plant is different and there is no guarantee that it’s going to be done when they say it should be done.
And I dont see a problem counting veg from that time. It’s just everyone as a group has started counting veg when the first true fan leaves come in. I’m all for doing what you think is best, not following the masses.

2 Likes

Please tell me where the science is saying you HAVE to start counting when the flowering stage is? I know plenty of people who do it both ways, with zero problems.
The flowering stretch is apart of flowering, hence the name.

2 Likes

This is sent by nute lines when they send schedules. So when u tell new growers they can count however they want u are messing up what they need to know to follow what the “masses” are doing.

2 Likes

You see. This is why I ask questions. 3 replies, and each different. I thank you all very much for your responses! From what I can see and read, you all do very well in your own methods. However adamantly you believe your method to be true, others work for other people. For me, I am trying to learn them all, experiment with each. See for myself what works best for me, with tweaking for the strain of course, and formulate a better bud.
Once again, thank you all very much for the information!!! I love this forum.
P.S. the girls say hi.

6 Likes

And that is what is great about multiple inputs. I hope no one thinks u will take their way or beliefs as gospel. U pick and choose the bits and pieces that fit in your situation. That’s true intelligence not spitting back read knowledge but being able to navigate it all and put to practice the best parts for u.

I hope u have great success!!

4 Likes

I always count from when I start seeing pistils after I’ve switched to 12/12. Whether that be a week or two, or I will count from the flip if she’s already spitting pistils on 18/6 or 16/8 schedule. She’s telling you she’s ready to flower and I’d start the schedule the day I flipped those. With AN, they include a transition feed in there schedule. With other lines, they usually don’t. FF tells you what to feed by light schedule, for example. Soooo many ways people do things that I don’t believe there is any way to state “this is fact” about anything until trying it yourself at least once. People grow successfully all 3 ways described above because every plant is different and will finish flowering when it wants. Sorry for the long text lol. :v:Love the debate.

4 Likes

Growweedeasy is counting the transition phase as the beginning phase of flowering.
There are plenty of nutrient lines that dont have any transition phase, or its apart of their flowering phase.
The flowering stretch is apart of the flowering cycle, whether its transitioning or not, it happens no other time except for flowering. Fox Farm nutrients, they begin Bloom at 5 weeks. General Hydroponics has a transition phase that’s apart of their bloom cycle, Dyna-gro has no transition phase. it’s also not the wrong way to count. It’s a personal preference.
Like I said, I count from flip, and its given me zero problems. How I count it affects the plant in no way, shape, or form. I also know, and have read of plenty of people counting this way. And they have had zero problems.
The breeders state a flowering time frame, but those are guidelines. They also state how many grams you should expect per m2 but I have yet to see those numbers.
Regardless of when you start counting, the plant is done when done.
9541def28f293017262e112ce6f795212363a6b9_1_635x500

2 Likes

I also emailed a bunch of breeders to see. In my opinion there is no wrong way or right way of doing things. It’s what works for you.
But for someone to tell another person their way of doing it is wrong, when you can do a simple google search showing hundreds, if not thousands of threads, filled with people doing it all different ways, including the way you do it.

2 Likes

False, I was stating about the seedling and veg period about the masses.
Like I said, you can find hundreds of threads of people counting from the 12/12 flip, how about you do a simple google search and read through a couple threads.
It’s completely ignorant to say one way is right, and another is wrong, when there is no 100% way to do it, unless you contact the breeder you bought the seeds from.

2 Likes

There are thousands of ways to get a marijuana plant to harvest. No one way is wrong. @anon95385719 I’m sorry if you cant debate a topic.
A lot of what the industry is brought up on is bro science. Before it became legal, there was no set standard of doing things. People relied on each other for information and ways of doing things. Here are 2 breeders saying when pistils appear, which can appear within 4-6 weeks. And they can appear in Veg as well.
I could care less how anyone counts. Its affects nothing.

How much longer would you say on these: 2weeks?
20180628_0830052
20180628_0830032
20180628_0829008

I would say 2 weeks max, getting really close…do you still have a lot of white pistils?

1 Like

Although I like mine when they are all cloudy, only slight amber.