Indoor grow, had power cut so lights were off for 27 hours

From a fellow grower:

I cycle my lights on at 6 am- 12 midnight and then off from midnight -6 am. Recently my power went off at 9 am until 12 noon the next day meaning that my plants were in the dark for 27 straight hours. How will this affect my plants

1 Like

I would think that it shouldn’t be an issue as long as it’s a one time occurrence. Just put them back on their schedule and keep an eye on them.

5 Likes

i’ll second that!!

4 Likes

Don’t think it will change much. Get back to regular schedule and keep an eye on them.

I was wondering the same thing. We’ve had 3 outages in the past 4 days lasting from 3 to 5 hours each. One of those days the temperature dropped to 66 which isn’t bad. I’m no too worried though as nature fluctuates naturally.

Considering you can put a plant under 12/12 for a couple of weeks to determine it’s gender and then switch it back to a veg light cycle, I don’t think it will be a big issue.

I had this exact thing happen to me last year… only for two days while I was out of town. The plants got bright yellow from the inside of the leaves out… after a couple days under light again (and with air running in the buckets) they recovered just fine.

I sorta had the same thing happen to me. Only I had my plants in flower mode for about 4 weeks now and on a 12/12 cycle but had friends come over while the lights were off so I turned them on to show them but forgot to put it back to my timer so the have been on for 2 days. Will this effect anything? They are back on normal cycle but one plant doesn’t look to happy and looks like the hairs are changing to amber now a lot more. Any comment would help. Thanks in advance.

The hairs on my flowers have been turning brown right from the start but it’s my first grow so I just think they do that