Indoor Flowering Questions

Just looking at these ladies, what would one assume they’re gonna produce? They’re both pushing 4ft in their 3rd week of flower.

1 Like

As pretty as those blurple lights are, probably not much. You are in need of a serious light upgrade. Maybe a half oz. :v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Those were highly rated lights when I bought them. They have 2 modes, veg and bloom. I have them running full spectrum for the flower period. The veg light is blue and the bloom light is red. Should I just be running the red bloom light? This is what the veg light looks like.

Check the wattage from the wall. I am no light expert but I though I read MJ needs 50-75 watts per square foot. I was able to average 1.5 ounces from my plants under 2-103 Watt lights like yours. A couple of dense buds but most were popcorn-small and airy. Bet to you.

1 Like

What light do you recommend? I have a 2x2 tent for veg and a 5x5 for flower.

1 Like

I would run both veg and bloom light. You need all the light you can get out of that. HLG makes good lights.

“What kind of light”
That’s a loaded question. How much in your budget? A lot of better options.
Our light expert is @dbrn32 if you would like to step up your game some, he can point you in the right direction and he’s also smart when it comes to growing if you have any questions.
Good luck with everything. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Which lights are they? There are several good lights available for 5x5, depending on your budget. One of the lights pictured above probably good to veg a 2x2.

By whom? I’m not even sure which lights they are to form an argument. But hopefully not Amazon and/or eBay reviews. If you feel like they will be good enough you can always run a grow or two and see what kind of results you get.

3 Likes

Yes @dbrn32 I relied on Amazon reviews. Lol you live and learn I guess. They are Giixer 1000w LED. I have one on each plant in flower. I am looking for the best yields I can get in a 5x5 area. Also my next and probably future grows will be SOG. What are your recommendations for that? I will have around 16 3 gallon plants in 1 tent. Will 1 of these lights I already have be ok in my veg tent for seeds and clones?

1 Like

It’s 110 watt light according to manufacturer, and I would expect it to perform in line with it’s price point. Pretty ideal light for your 2x2 veg space as far as I’m concerned.

Were you wanting to stay with leds for your 5x5? If you want maximum yeild I would expect to pay maximum money. Hlg-600 would do pretty good for 5x5, but it’s not going to be the best light you can put in there. They were on sale for $700 last I knew. To get much better than that you are pretty easily into the $1000+ range. There are a few less widely known brands that look to have pretty good products maybe a little cheaper. But their service and support is relatively untested.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 i guess I should’ve specified my budget! Until I get a few grows under my belt, I’d like to stay under $500 for now. If I can get 2-3 pounds out of a SOG with 16 3 gallon plants, I’ll be happy. (Is that a realistic number?) And I’m open to any kind of light that gets me good yields.

2 Likes

2-3 units out of a 5x5 is attainable. I’m not sure you will do it on your first couple of grows though.

For $500 you could get yourself into an hlg-350r. That is enough to essentially flower half of your space for now, then you could add a second one later. Probably some other options out there like that where you could buy one now and another later too. I’m just not familiar with all of them. If you decide to go with hlg product check Google for coupon code, you can usually find 10% off. Would take 350r to just below your budget.

2 Likes

What do you think about VivoSun?

@dbrn32 in your opinion, what do you think my potential yields will be per plant with each having their own Giixer light that I told you about?

Also I wanted your opinion on Electric Sky and Spider Farmer lights as well. I’ve heard and read good things about the Electric Sky.

Other variables than light will play into your total yeild, like how big of plants, how healthy plants are, flowering time, etc. But thumb eyeball guess I would say a few ounces of nice buds per light and maybe an additional ounce or two of larf.

Imo they are lower performance lights. The electric sky seems ti be very well assembled in terms of how sturdy the fixture is. But cost per umol isn’t in line with other lights mentioned here. Spider farmer seems to be more competitive in a ratio of cost vs performance. And is probably at least fair at doing job they claim their products will do. But I have read several who have both spider farmer and hlg light that hlg products seem to be step above.

Also worth noting that hlg’s service is going to exceed everyone, by a long way. Countless instances posted on here where they have had warranty items or replacement parts to members within a day or two. Some of these other lighting companies have people sending lights to China thst would take weeks if not months.

3 Likes

The burple manufacturers manipulate their reviews. I had one of them offer me $50 to remove my critical review of a burple I bought a couple of years ago. They emailed me 6 or 8 times trying to get me to change or delete my review.

4 Likes

Sf is having a sale the 4th maybe today too lights buy one get one free.

I just looked on their website didn’t see anything about it

Its all over ig for a post. Get a 400 get a free pot or something 1000 free pot 3000 free 300 2x 3000 free 7000 ect. Im sure @kaptain3d seen it. Its true i promise. 4th of july only