Indoor CFL GG Auto Grow

@Liljoe But when the plants get large, it should be good if I fill it all with LED right? Should be plenty of light I would think. Don’t care too much about the power bill. I live in Vegas and we pay out the nose regardless of what we do. Seems to be pennies on the dollar when I went three months with all those CFL’s. On a good note, just switching out those 7 CFL bulbs with LED dropped the temps ten degrees to the low 80’s without any interventions with an AC unit. The nice part right now is if the temps drop too much I can turn on a CFL bulb or two and it easily brings the temps back up a few degrees. lol an easy temp control method…

1 Like

Careful with the CFLs too. They are so cheap. it is easy to get sucked into getting a lot for the grow. by the time you are done getting the lights and adapters. it is easy to have more in them as to just buying an LED light. I have a shelp of CFLs because of that. The fact a small lead has to be right next to the plant, had me buying adapters and cords left ad right. These need to be about 2" from the plants to be efficiant. Once you start getting farther away. They just become a room light and do very little good. I made it half way though a grow and then gave up and just bought purple leds. Then moved into QBs. If I would have just went into a QB to start. I could have saved about 1,000.00 on the lights I bought getting there. Even a small 65w Qb which is cheap would do you far better than the CFLs and probably cost about the same when you figure in the total cost to use the CFL. Adapters and such. Just trying to save you some money and grief. And make things easier on you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you for the input. I can lift them again for better light until I upgrade, and much much thanks for the light link to Amazon. $100 is cheap. I only spent $200 for all the CFL in both kelvins. Got a great deal, $1 and change per bulb. How many of those would I need for a 4x4 closet? @Not2SureYet

1 Like

#2 She is def on her way to veg. Now four beginner fan leaves showing. I saved her. Yippee!!! Hopefully, it didn’t cause to much stress…

@Liljoe , took your advice and moved the LED’s closer to the plants, 3" from leaves, 2" from the top of the pot. I can move them down later as they get bigger. But hopefully, it will help keep them from stretching too.

2 Likes

@TokerGuy Long as you can correct early enough, the plants are pretty good about bouncing back.

2 Likes

Sweet! Thanks! Just lost the stress of worrying on that one. lol @MrPeat

2 Likes

I will have @dbrn32 weigh in one what would be best and cheapest for you to do your closet. I have some 260w QBs that are in line. each will cover a 2x4 area that @dbrn32 and @Myfriendis410 helped me build. I would think you would want some thing similar. I could and probably am wrong there :grin:

This is how I have all my lights set up like. This is 4 65w panels

6 Likes

Two fixtures like you posted in picture would be pretty good in 4x4. There’s a lot of options really, depends on budget and resources.

2 Likes

Hey! I’m your hand model haha.

4 Likes

You are not getting paid for it if that is what you are hinting at ROFL

3 Likes

LMAO!!! Shhhhhhh brotha! lol Here in Vegas, Disp prices are friggin’ nutz. Avg price is 12 a gram for avg crap. I am medically retired and am not allowed to drive medically. So, I said fudge it and got my grow license. Here I’m allowed legally up to 10 plants, 50 lbs of product, no concentrates of the strains I am growing. If I go get my license to grow for others, I can up to triple those guidelines. BTW, Old Pal is in town and looking to recruit and get local growers to get legally licensed to grow outdoor organic buds using their clones from original strains. Sharable marijuana they call it. The price is seriously phenomenal for the product. Original GG4 Zip $137 Silver Sage Wellness… No joke look it up for yourself. The site is the reg price. Legal MMJ card price is $137 out the door! Our normal range for 23.5% Whole Bud Zips are $250-$500 depending on shelf age primarily and strain secondary. So you see the cost diff. They are a Cali Co. and just expanded to Nevada. Their philosophy is cool. Most pure organic products at an affordable price that you feel comfortable to share with friends. I obviously just blazed, and I personally, with all my 7 surgeries and chronic pain, will be buying this on the regular no matter the strain just to have something different and the price of course. The GG4 they have in right now is amazing. Bright green with crazy amounts of terps… I had to wear a nose clip and air out the house just for this pic. I hope mine smells like this. lol I wake up EVERY morning and take a big ass whiff of it with my coffee. :heart_eyes::star_struck::rofl:
P.S. lol, I’m def not an advertiser either. I hate that occupation and could never handle that fun… My goal is to go to work growing from the ground up in some local grow companies to learn all I can about everything, including their mistakes. Then starting slow in the upcoming MMJ legal market in Utah soon. I have some land in perfect outdoor weather and obviously plenty of it to build lots of indoor facilities. I will begin by establishing a reputation first, growing for other patients. Just a reg MMJ grow license there will allow two or three extra patients at 12 plants each. Then apply to grow and sell MMJat a small monthly amount initially. Buy the land around me and grow. All while retired. lmao It’s a plan anyhow. Any legal investors out there by the way, or friends with HIGH places in the Utah State Senate or House, please get in touch so I can help in ANY way? Yeah, that might be a sales pithch though. lmao anyhow…

@MrPeat
@Myfriendis410
@Oldguy
@HornHead
@Not2SureYet
@Firsttimmer

4 Likes

@TokerGuy When I drove to Denver, I was paying $440 for 1oz. All top shelf as the place I have gone to offers over 250 strains between 3 stores. And this was at the Veterans Discount which is 10% if I remember correctly.

So they had some at $6 per gram and up. Sometimes they have had them as cheap as $4 per gram. By the way those nugs look nice and tight.

4 Likes

Yeah, very dense and for 23% with almost immediate releaf Super frosty and the perfect amount of cure, not all dried out like most dispensary stuff. It can be a bit harsh out of a short pipe, but amazing in a blunt. I attribute the harshness to the fact they grow organically so they prob don’t flush. A pinner is perfect for me. That smallest nug on the left is two pinners. lol Btw, I am kind of gifted in the smoking arena, lol. I can smoke stuff for my friend and tell him exactly what terps and close to the amounts just from the flavor. Some have the gift of wine, I seem to have the gift of bud whitch made me fall in love. LMAO

2 Likes

Here is one reason why Medical Marijuana is cheap is because they don’t necessary test it. At least Colorado doesn’t and thus it’s cheaper to buy per ounce. I think the average price was no more than $150 per ounce when I went up twice.

3 Likes

One would think by now there would be some kind of standardized pricing. The cost varys a lot depending on what dispensary you use here. And those are nice little nuggets :grin:

1 Like

Probably will when it goes Federal, and I unfortunately can see us losing MMJ grow licenses locally over a certain amount like liquor.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! P.s. watch that RH @ 14% your gonna get dry quick! Never did the CFL lights, but grew some decent NL back in the 80’s w fluorescents! Good luck, these guys, and gals gotcha :wink:

2 Likes

@Not2SureYet You would think they would have standard pricing but they don’t. I can go to Denver and spend $440 on 1oz and head down to Trinidad and get 1oz for $175 and it was really good marijuana.

3 Likes

I have a friend in Washington getting dispensary 28% bud for $60 a zip, and they seem to be selling dispensary seeds and clones too. However, they are more than ILGM and not sure where they are sourced from. Not sure 100% if THIS is true though.

1 Like

WOW!!! Just since switching them to mostly LED and raising them, their leaf colors have darkened to a beautiful Navy Green.

2 Likes