Indoor CFL GG Auto Grow

Pot Number 3: picture of seedling at 45 hours after dropping…

2 Likes

She opened her water pedals today, and surprise, surprise, they opened with a set of fan leaves right inside ready for some fast photosynthesis. lol

Still waiting on the other two to break ground. This is Day 3 in soil. These two were cracked but no foot was seen yet, so it may take them a few extra days.

LOOK AT ALL THOSE HAIRS ON THE STEM ALREADY! lol

2 Likes

@TokerGuy looks like u are getting there.
Sorry it took me acouple days to get back to u, here r some quick pics of those lights.

I picked up those fixtures at Restore for 4 and 5 bucks. The splitter are 5or6 bucks each but Im sure if u order on line they will be much cheaper and there are different styles too. I use 23watt 2700k and 6500k mix in both.
Next pic is an LED one I made.

Also a mix of 2700k to 5000k mix with domes removed
Hope that helps u with some ideas and Grow On bud

3 Likes

Thanks!!! How did you take the domes off the LED bulbs? Did you have to break them or do they pop off? Looks like I can use my same setup but can but LED bulbs in place and use a quarter of the power. lol I’m always game for saving money.

@TokerGuy to take the domes off is pretty easy. Use a small flat blade screwdriver, just wiggle it in the seam abit bit not too far and gently start prying it up as u go around it. Its like a silicone type glue/sealer and comes apart easy. They work pretty good, less heat and u can place them further away from plants

1 Like

Thanks! I will be switching over to those lights then on my next grow for sure!

Quick question @Liljoe. Do all LED bulbs have the flat mini-board under the dome or do I need to get a specific brand of LED light. Also, you find the 100 w equivalent better or do you like the 60 w equivalent? I was thinking of getting 24 of each 2700k and 6400k and mixing them for a 4x4 closet with three plants.

Yes all the led bulbs have a little board in them. As far as 60 or 100watt equivalant, 100watt will b better but cost more for bulbs. The amount of $$ U will spend lightin a 4x4 with led bulbs will prob cost u more than an efficient light set up.
Look at led quantom boards. @dbrn32 has great knowledge on them and has helped countless members on here build or find affordable BUT quality lights.
All I run are quantom boards now, went from 2200 wats of HID light to 940watt total in my 5x5 and 480watts in my 3x4. (TRUE WATTS)

Thats one of the quantom boards

2 pair in my 3x4 tent

And 4 pair in my 5x5. Each pair are 240watts and dimmable.
So far I am loving them, only difference is instead of FIGHTING high temps with HID lighting I have to add heat to keep temps up now lol but that gives me better control of my room temps and humidity

6 Likes

Thank you so much for the info!!! Now I’m def looking forward to tweaking out my next grow with those lights.

2 Likes

@Liljoe. Set up looks sweet now brother. :+1::v:

2 Likes

The QB’s do make life so much easier. It’s also easier to control the temps in the tent. :+1:

3 Likes

Haha shit Thanks @Oldguy , but u werent suppose to see that yet :wink: I plan on postin my new renovated room. U got a sneak peak :wink:
I am just working on a few tweaks to get things dialed in. Also been too busy to put up my post. In the process of moving my daughter and grandbaby moved back in with us…so its been non stop working around the house. But soon I will show all u guys my changes.
Stay High All

3 Likes

She is picking up speed now. Spotted the second set of fan leaves beginning with my microscope.

5 Likes

#3 pic update, 4 fan leaves now…

#2 seedling broke ground today

5 Likes

#1 also broke ground today! Yippeee!!!

5 Likes

#3 update, six fan leaves now. Growing like a weed literally. lol #1 and #3 are a week apart.

3 Likes

@Liljoe Look what I found laying around the house. Found both 5000K and 2700K. Three plants to finish. You think I have enough LED to turn off the rest of the CFLS? It’s a 4x4 closet.

#1 Seedling is taking good root.

#2 This girl is behind because of the helmet head. She almost died but is making a comeback… Slowly but surely. lol

#3 Update: She is in full Veg mode now.

4 Likes

#3 Side View: Look at all that new growth. The main stalk is already fattening up.

4 Likes

Hmm, where do I start :thinking:
They way u have all ur lights spread out is actually wasting most of ur light and wasting power. They need to be closer together to make them more efficient.
I will try find some time later and tag u in acouple of my old posts of my led and cfl fixtures I made. They worked decent fir what they were but u need to get all those bulbs under control lol
I will see what I can dig up for u later and some pics how my plants looked under them

2 Likes