Indica Outdoor Grow Organic

Greetings all, just documenting my outdoor indica grow. This is the third time I’m growing and this is quite the experience. I popped some bag seed that I got from a friend of mine. I put three seeds in 3 little starter pots, transplanted two into bigger pots but one died from transplant shock (RIP) :sneezing_face:

Purposely left one in the smaller pot just to observe how it would affect growth as compared to the other I transplanted. Check out the images below for the difference, quite amazing how the plant in the bigger pot grew so aggressively and the one in the tiny pot remained so small. The fan leaves are nearly as big as my hand.

Nutrients and soil
So I am growing in Nigeria and it’s a bit tough getting access to high quality products unless I buy from amazon and ship them in, which tends to cost a bit. Using loamy living soil, mixed a bit of clay soil in to help with water retention.

As for fertilizer, I am using dried cow manure and my own homemade compost.

Pictures were taken about a month prior to posting this

Training
First time doing LST, used lemongrass leaves as well as masking tape to tie my ladies down. Was quite amazed to see the new branches forming. Think my nutes are really soaking in well because the main branch on the repotted plant is thick AF. Was scared of breaking it, so once I had a few branches growing out the sides I let the plant take back its natural shape and topped it then tied down the other branches.

Also been experimenting with super cropping a little bit, and just FIMMED some of the branches today.

Here are some more recent progress pictures.

5 Likes

Here is the second plant that I was growing in the smaller pot, I transplanted her to a 5 gallon paint bucket I had lying around. Pictures were taken over the past 4 weeks or so, just did a FIM yesterday so hoping to see some bushy results real soon.

4 Likes

Looks healthy they must be liking the soil you made for them

2 Likes

gotta use what we have available :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Boongrower welcome back!! Your lst work looks good, ladies look healthy and ready to get going! :+1:t2:

2 Likes

ART STORE “decorative pipe cleaners” cheap, adjustable, fast, re-usable.
Make life easy.
Before

After

2 Likes

Lookin’ great so far. Gonna be big ol’ bushes by the fall.

1 Like

hey hey one week later and just posting an update :grinning:
I FIMMED the plant in the paint bucket
as for my other lady in the orange pot, I did some topping and FIMMING, will do some more LST over the weekend when I have the chance to.

5 Likes

@Boongrower looking healthy and growing fast. :100:

1 Like

Was tending to my ladies today and noticed this discoloration on some of the leaves, any idea what could be the cause?

Another week of new growth on my ladies, managed to get a clone off the smaller plant hoping it should look vibrant in the next few weeks. Went for propogating in a jar of water until the roots showed.

Also fed my ladies with some more of my compost and cow manure. Looking to push the smaller one into flower next week. Don’t want to risk transplanting her into a bigger pot as I’m scared of transplant shock.

3 Likes

Cheeky update pic
Everything looking great on this side

Using dental floss and clothes pegs for LST, trying to grow these ladies to their full potential. Has anyone here done an outdoor grow close to the equator? How do you force flowering whilst keeping outdoors. We get 12/12 year round here. I assume moving the plants to somewhere with heavy shade should do it.

4 Likes

@Boongrower idk if under a shade tree will be enough to maintain an outdoor grow in flower against seasonal weather. Ambient light will keep their photosynthesis machine awake likely. When do your natural sativas flower on their own in your region?

hey hey, so we get 12 hours of daylight year round, only difference is the slight change between December - January where we get approx 30 extra minutes of darkness.

Kept it in a heavy shade facing east, getting quite a few pistils at the moment here’s an updated picture from a few days ago.

also stretched to about 3 feet tall. This is literally the tallest bushy plant I’ve managed to grow so far (not too many grows under my belt). She smells so strong right now can’t imagine what the aroma would be like when the flowers start to show up :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Been a while, about 21 days into the flowering process

Took some pictures, a shit load of pistils still waiting for the buds to swell up

This is bag seed so not sure how many days would take before the buds are ripe for harvest or how big they’d end up being :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Progress being made on my lady in the 5 gallon bucket. It’s been raining for the past week and she’s loving it

3 Likes

Hey @Boongrower . When you put your cutting in water how long did it take before you saw roots?

Hey, took about two weeks. I used aloe Vera gel as a rooting hormone, worked like a charm

Also made use of a transparent jar to keep the cutting on my balcony. Not sure if it would have birthed roots quicker if I left it in a non transparent container

1 Like

@Boongrower was that aloe straight from the plant? I have a potted aloe growing and if so I’ll give that a try.

So I just dipped the end of the cutting in a freshly cut aloe leaf (the gel part) and kinda twisted it around afterwards it was just a matter of rubbing off the excess :slight_smile:

2 Likes