Indica or sativa dominant

Hey there😊.

I was wondering how it’s possible to determine the percentage of a strains domination. Some are for instance 50/50 whilst others are 70/30 and so on.

Leaves are big indicators color shape and size

2 Likes

Sorry for the edit topic was in wrong category you’ll get more feed back on a seeds related category

2 Likes

Ohh shit…sorry😯 but thanks for helping me out here😊

Okay. So when my girl’s are close to harvest I can take some pictures and post some measurements of the leafs and you would then be able to make a estimate?

You can in vegitative before transition to flower make sure they have full grown leaves and, are well developed and yes more than likely I can help you out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Last time I was pretty accurate lol

1 Like

Strain dominance effects plants overall height and size as well as leaf structure and flowering lengths. Hybrids are usually bred with desired traits in mind from mold resistance flowering times and size if you have limited space moist cool climate or don’t want to wait as long for flowering to end indica’s are your girls if you are outdoors in perfect weather and looking for huge plants sativa’s. All auto’s are hybrids since ruderalis though hardiest of all isn’t very potent it does have desired trait of flowering in fast timeline not being dictated by photo period

All plants are slightly different so unless you plan on getting them gene sequenced it’s and educated guess and even with a known strains some traits may present differently regardless of dominance. It isn’t a bad thing I always go with the theory if you think you want to preserve a strain take clones :wink:

3 Likes

sorry to step on your toes bud :wink:

1 Like

Unless that plant has been in true breeding through its lines, than traits will be stable and have no variations in the offspring (only if true breeding is successful) otherwise I agree 100% @Donaldj and your all well your not stepping on my toes your helping me with a further in depth explanation :smile:

2 Likes

Awesome :blush:. Thanks. I’ll be bag home in a few days. Then I’ll post some pictures :blush:. I really hope you’ll be able tell what I’ve got​:relaxed:

Unfortunately I know nothing about the plant! It was given to me by a friend how’s not sure about the plant either! I grow it last summer outdoors but was a newbie on an unheardof level. I harvested way to soon, but when smoking it I was quiet surprised how energetic I became compered whith the WW I normally smoke. That made me think that am dealing with a sativa but having said that the plant was not mature for harvest, so don’t know if I can rely on the high quality. If you know what I mean?

1 Like

As @Donaldj said estimated guess all seeds are different
And as I mentioned they’ll be stable if true breeding was a success more than likely I can but its gonna be a guess lol unless you knew true lones of that strain and how it got around

We both mention very great points

1 Like

I have a Blue berry strain right now which shows Ruderalis traits super small and bushy but lengthy flower time at over 8 weeks. Less than an hour away my uncle is growing a Blue berry strain which is showing sativa node spacing thick broad indica leaves yet both are BB and have same aroma :wink:
So once again I say if you like the strain save it by taking clones or even by grafting if you wish breeding is truly a science plants are cross bred to try to get favorable traits then bred again to try and stablize those traits with any of their offspring most seed banks can show the lineage but honestly most growers only want to know one thing does it do what I want when you find strains that do fit the shoe save them because the next seeds with same name may be entirely different

2 Likes

This is because one is expressing dominant traits and,the other is expressing recessive traits :slight_smile: make sence

Which if I remember right it has to do with dominant and recessive alleles being expressed as to what genes are dominant in your plants and im not saying I disagree lol I agree if you want to save a certain strain clone it

2 Likes

Don’t worry I gave him some of my clones and will be raiding his if I get industrious I may cross breed them to see what I get :wink:

1 Like

Lmao, im sure your well read, but if you need any help I can help you through breeding

1 Like

I think it will be easy will stress a lady to hermi harvest pollen and add to other strain easy enough no need to stablize if I don’t like results I tend to save mothers so little need for extra seeds when I can cut clones :wink:
Hell you seen the chaos I went through to move my grow out of house for an inspection which they still haven’t called again about :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I don’t throw away plants without a fight

2 Likes

Yea it will be simple, ive,watched your grows for. A while and you come across very well read and knowledgeable

1 Like

@Thedanishguy

Sending you a message

Will