Indica and sativa

Is there a difference between indica and sativa growing care? Do they need the same nutrients and etc?

I take care of my Autos like I do with my Photos. :+1:

2 Likes

Every plant you grow will be a little different. Some tolerate stress better than others etc… it hard to predict any more. There arent many “true” indicas and sativas around anymore. They been crossbrednso much that there are plants that look full indica but smoke like a full sativa.

With that being said the simple answer is not really. I dont feed one or the other differently and i only adjust when i see early issues.

2 Likes

Yes. You won’t run into much difference unless you’re talking about a photo versus an autoflowering plant.

Sativas are known for growing taller and indicas for being shorter and more bushy, but I’ve grown a pure sativa (Durban Poison) and sativa dominant strains, as well as indicas, and I’ve honestly not seen a whole lot of difference in plant structure between the 2 with proper training.

2 Likes

Thank you for the answer.

Here is what Sativas look like born the same day as indicas

1 Like

Hmm, very strange plants, long stems and little vegetation, maybe because they reach for more light🤔

No those 2 are Johaars, Himalayan sativas.

Those will easily hit 18 feet tall in the wild and probably be banging off the 12 foot roof by August. The shorter one is a true Balkhi Afghani plant. Both were born Jan 01… this is the main difference between sativas and true indicas or afghans.
True sativas like Thai, some Africans and Laotians or these Himalayan are tall lanky spindly plants, you need high ceiling and lots of grow time. The buds are airy and fluffy… best way to describe it. The smoke taste more fruity and or lemony in many cases. Whereas the true Afghans and Indicas are more musky and dank or hashy smelling. The highs have been described as bissful and cerebral / energetic with sativas and more narcotic and heavy with the Afghans and Indicas. Now the Himalayan/ Nepalese hash strains are often hard to classify as a sativa or a indica because they have been bread for hundreds of years and open pollinated, its very likely that the two have mixed over the years, farmers exchanging seed etc. But by and large you can clearly see the difference in these plants.

1 Like

Lol, I was gonna say. Man those both look sativa.

Bobby the johaars are 5 feet tall as of yesterday and the Afghans just over 30 inches.

The last pick was a week ago theyve griwn a lot since thenactually lets do a comparison shot shall we?

1 Like

They look great! I thought the first pic you posted was supposed to be a sativa/indica side by side. That’s why I was like…

not too much difference? But they’ve only been in the greenhouse for 2 weeks now. They should start to explode soon!

2 Likes

There it is! Lovely

2 Likes

The difference between the sativas and the indicas should be pretty obvious in that last shot. Like I said the seed for both sprouted Jan 01

2 Likes

They are only 2weeks old?!

no they were under lights since New Years I had to chop the tops off the Sativas cause my room didnt have the height.

but I want to get 9 months out of these plants! There will be a solid wall of dope there come October.

1 Like

What soil do you use?

They were grown indoors in a 4:1 mix of promix Hp and supersoil. Then transplanted in soil dug from farm ditches in a cottonwood forest. No fertilizer or animal poop. Then the soil was planted with clover and covered with organic hay ie no herbicides or pesticides.
Now African red wrigglers are introduced to break down the hay
By the time the plants were in the greenhouse they had used up all the supersoil and they were getting deficiencies. A week after they hit the dirt the deficiencies were gone and the plants are now acclimated to their new home for the summer and fall.

1 Like

Well best wishes for your grow, and i hope you will greatly succed, thanks for debate and info :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

No worries! Things work until they dont! Kinda like my septic field… just packed it in 2 days ago! Seems 15 grand should fix it?