Indiana grow, finding a Site & Protecting it

Damn! Forgot the picture!!!

I need to smoke…

2 Likes

Haha I was like wtf arrows are he talking about lol. Yeah me too, but need to grow it first haha. The arrow in the center pointing north is actually pointing right at the “lane” that goes back to the start of the Huge field you see in the pic. So that spots a no go haha, but the lowest arrow is a sound spot. I’m having my growing buddy (known him since 3rd grade) is coming up next weekend to help me decide a spot.

As for the building looking out of place, I’m thinking something along these lines:

So imagine that, but actually set in the ground and big enough to house 20-30 autoflower plants.

I tend to over think things, so what would you recommend as far as a greenhouse? Could I just place a plastic polythene sheet and make a tent and have the plants under it? Idk im a horribly indecisive individual :joy:

Yeah, I was afraid that was a traveled road. It’s good that you’re going to have someone you can trust on the ground with you. Pictures can never tell the whole story. They may be worth a thousand words, but if the words don’t match reality…

I’ve never grown in a greenhouse, but I know you’ll need airflow. Not sure how you would do that underground.

I don’t remember who to go to for greenhouse grows. @Aquaponic_Dumme @FyshhTrap @Niala ?

We’ll get you help about a buried greenhouse…

1 Like

That thing would have to be pretty big to be able to house 20 to 30 plants with enough space for them to grow properly to me a plastic sheet would stick out like a sore thumb to me, but I’m not a outside grower. Would you be digging out the spot for the house by hand? If not it would require big machines that would leave traces of them in my thinking anyway

1 Like

Sorry , cant help with a Green House, I’m a Guerilla guy.!!!

3 Likes

Didn’t mean underground haha I meant like the posts would be set into the ground and the sheet would cover the top, but leave about a foot open (covered up with chicken wire) on the sides to allow airflow. And I’m planting the autos in 5-10 gallon pots, not directly into the ground.

The regular feminized seeds I’m about to get will be kept in the greenhouse thing until their strong enough to be placed in the ground (in 20-30 gallon bags/burlap with holes for drainage) for a closed environment and minimal shock.

I’m just wondering if I’m over thinking it. How would you guys guerilla grow 23 autos (if they all germ) outdoors and in a safe environment? Preferably in one place. The more places I scatter them the bigger the risk of them being found on the ground

If ya keep em all together then the possibility of them being found would be … being found All together.
I grow directly in ground, in amended soil , Autos are small they don’t warrant a lot of attention because they don’t grow that big, but if you are worried about your plants being detected, then, you are not growing them in a good area, Guerilla growing requires A lot of planning and stretching planting areas to sometimes various locations.
This year I will be growing some rather Large plants, but spreading them out over as much as 6 miles and having them all on various feeding schedules(watering) etc.
Trust your instincts and be very relaxed on how you do things or plan to fail miserably, Guerilla growing is Work, but that’s how I like to grow for now.

3 Likes

Idk if I would truly consider it guerilla growing. The property is private land belonging to my family. No one goes there or has any reason to snoop around. The only way I would consider it guerilla growing is that I don’t want the plants to be found and keep things totally hidden.

I’m really just looking for a good way to have my autos in one place, be in a closed/protected environment, pretty sure I won’t plant directly into the ground so I have soil control, and be able to keep the plants hidden & safe. It’s a tall order I know :sweat_smile: but I’ve been smoking and doing all kinds of stuff for 4 years and want to make sure I get a good yield and good quality bud in the safest way possible.

Have you thought about less plants? Try 10 instead of 20 to 30?

1 Like

Well I’ve already got the 23 autos about to be shipped once payment arrives. I know they don’t yield as much as 3+ regular plants, and I’m wanting a good harvest. The more I think about it, I may plant them randomly along southward facing treeline’s and maybe make a tiny green house for them while their young, then just move them in their pots to scattered locations around the property.

But I definitely get what your saying. Maybe I’m over zealous. But this has been my dream for 8 years (4 yrs before I even smoked!) Growing, for me, is the pinnacle of life. I’ve always wanted to do this and now I’m finally making my dreams come true! I’m sure you all can understand.

1 Like

Ok I’m not hating on your dram brother. I was just suggesting that maybe do a smaller number of plants, then when they are close to harvest germinate a few more, then once you harvested them, you have that many ready to be transplanted or put where you took the others from, that way you would have a steady flow and less plants to worry about.

I know you weren’t hating man! No worries! And thats what I was planning on. I’ll probably germ 10 of the white widows & all 3 of the northern lights and plant the ones that germ, then a few weeks later plant the Strawberry Kush & AK-47 (5 of each, might just do 2-3 of each) then a few weeks later germ the last of the white widow, so I don’t get overwhelmed!

Also, as far as drying goes, a sealed tent in the woods with a couple flaps opened a bit (closed if expecting rain) would work to dry em right? And harvest goes like this: cut off branches or uproot whole plant, trim fans & most leaves, then hang to dry for 7 or so days or until dry but still wetish feeling, then put in jars to cure or vacuum seal in bags?

I’m not so sure about the drying out there. You really need certain conditions to dry and cure it properly and I’m not sure if it could be done out in the woods, I’m not sayin it can’t be dome, but I’m not sure

I wouldn’t want to dry like that. I don’t know what your normal humidity is up there, but there’s no way I could do it outside here. Maybe in a big hay loft or something like that, but I wouldn’t.

I’m doing my autos 2 at a time every month until all 10 have been planted. I’m a pretty heavy smoker and one plant will last at least one month. Two with a good harvest.

I have photoperiod mothers that will provide the rest of my smoke, but those won’t be ready until around October.

The point of that is to say you don’t have to plant them all this season. You can sprout a couple of each strain and clone from the ones that aren’t autos. You can turn 1 plant into 50 easily.

The rest of the seeds you can store in a cool, dark and dry environment. Or you can plant them all and order more from ILGM. Robert won’t mind. :wink:

Haha I’m sure he wouldn’t mind at all! As far as humidity goes, it varies. But often, the humidity is OPPRESSIVE. So if I can’t dry it in a tent (maybe have a mini heater to keep it warm and dry?) Then my only real option is taking it to an old barn across the road (my uncle owns 50 acres north of our property & across the road) and hand it in the hay loft. (Raccoons!) But the barn is dilapidated and the stairs to the loft is sketchy! (Plus I’d have to put the plants in the trunk of my car, reek that up, and it’d draw too much attention IMO.

I’ve seen pics of HUGE harvests that are just hung under a suspended tarp and left to dry that way.

And I’m a heavy smoker as well, though some profit is always welcome :sweat_smile: nothing huge, just enough to buy a discreet closet grow room & more seeds from Rob

1 Like

And I haven’t looked too much into cloning, hardly know how it works, but I’ll look it up!

The heater in a tent is call for an accident waiting to happen imo. You’re talking about quite a bit of product to dry and cure if you’re doin the many plants. Of the conditions are within the range you could run into mold or other issues to be concerned wirh

1 Like

True, might post another thread about that. But will do some research. In optimal conditions (good sunlight, organic nutes, good water) and let’s say 19 autos & 6 high yielding fems germed, about how much product would you guestimate?

Honestly that’s out of my range of expertise. Yeild depends on so many factors. I’m sorry I don’t think I can answer that question brother

It’s all good I know it varies greatly. Gonna post that other thread for drying though, unless I can find one already discussing it.

1 Like