Increasing light for flower

Hello again everyone, I am yet again here asking for some assistance and advice. To those of you who I’ve talked to on here before you know I have just recently upgraded my 4x4 tent with a hlg600 rspec and I am planning that at the end of this week or so I am going to be transitioning into flower. What I am curious about is how should I go about increasing light for flowering? The specs I got for the light from the company states that for flower I want the light 18-24 inch away from canopy at full power (600watts). Well at the moment i have the light 32 inches away from plants at about half power (300watts) per specs that I was given. So what I’m curious about is should I just begin to drop the light and/or increase power little by little over the next week to get it up to par with manufacturer specifications for flower, or once I switch to flower crank it up all at once? ( which I’m pretty sure is not a good thing to do haha) I just dont want to shock my plants or anything like that , they are all happy and healthy and have been that way since sprout and I just want to try and continue my good luck with this grow all the way to the end. This is my first grow with a light as good and powerful as this one and I would love some input on what people have done and what I should do in this situation . Thank you all for the input , I appreciate everyone’s help here.

2 Likes

I would turn it up a little each day until full blast or until the grow complains. If make it up to full blast without complaints then I would begin lowering til you get where ya need to be,

2 Likes

Same. Inch it up 5-10 percent every couple of days. Pay close attention to the ladies as you do. Any sign of stress, move it backwards. As for heights, they are going to stretch in flower. Just adjust upwards slowly with them

Cool yeah so far that’s exactly what I’ve been doing is notching it up a click every day or so, at this point I’m only 2 or 3 clicks away from full power and plan to go into flower on saturday so it looks like I should be able to make it there by then the plants seem to be doing good other wise .

6 Likes

Very nice garden.

2 Likes

Thank you sir, they are 40 days old, plan on switching to flower on saturday , there’s 9 plants in there , with a scrog net .

2 Likes

O its gonna be a TIGHT fit! That screen would be packed out now. When u flip… its gonna get hairy lol. Might wanna push that date up a tad

2 Likes

Love a full house. Only nine? Kidding. Look great. Like to see them transition and grow. Thought of a journal? A lot of journals are just photos and days into flower. We all like to see the good stuff - buds. Tag me if you do.

2 Likes

Yeah was originally planning on a longer veg time but wasent expecting them to bush out as much as they did considering this is my first attempt at the scrog net I think I did pretty well haha but definitely gonna be tight , was only thinking on switching on saturday so they could get the even 6 weeks veg time haha

2 Likes

Yes just nine haha but thank you very much I have thought about a journal just havent gotten to it. But if there’s enough interest i will definitely do one. I have pics of almost the entire grow so could post up the pics everyone loves to see haha

1 Like

That’s gonna be a nice bud factory.

2 Likes

And will absolutely tag you so you can follow along on this wild ride haha its gonna be a dence little forest in there in a couple weeks haha

2 Likes