Increase bud density

How about the rest of the Q’s? Come on, trying to help.

1 Like

@sandrums whats ur tds in and out and the ph in and out what medium are u using???

Using soil, tds going in 750-800, ph 6
48- 6.55 on nute days. Fresh days is straight R.O water with a little cal mag about 120-140

Last check on ph and tds out was PH 6.62 and 1267 tds, soil meduim. Yesterdays PH Going in 6.54 and tds 845.

Why don’t you bump the TDS up to around 1,000 to 1,100 as it appears your plants are hungry and soil is depleted. There are other substances in soil that tend to buffer the salts a bit so my personal point at which I supplement is when runoff is below 2,000 ppm in soil! If I’m in media it’s way lower. Try running that TDS with base nutes every other watering and cal mag at max dose on the other days. Whatever the GH schedule is for week 4 or 5 veg, I’d just use the base 3 for now.

2 Likes

Did this early this morning. Base 4 only, cal mag, flora micro, floragro, flora bloom, tds going in 1128, ph 6.54, tested coming out, ph 6.68, 7.71 tds 1732, 1648. Noticed a few hours later red streaks, temp at 77, RH 63%

Looking a little droopy too, about 4 hours now after feeding, but definitely needed it, pots pretty light when lifted, misted soil first,
then slow fed til run off in drain pans, and got results listed previously, 1650-1750 tds range and ph 6.6-ish range, also emptied all remaining runoff

All of the damaged leaf material will not recover. Look to new growth for improvement. Likely will see more until plant starts to recover.

So would it be best to prolong veg for a few weeks longer while recovering correct ?

Also, I saw you mentioned earlier 'what I interpreted anyway- as not doing a flush till tds run off above 2k ? Could you please clarify that for me as a guide going forward ?

Plants definitely appear to be underfed or in lockout. Which will have some effect on your bud quality. High Temps will too, but in my experience around 80f is where you want to be for lights on temp.

One thing I noticed is how bushy and condensed your plants seem. If you’re not getting much light to middle and lower parts of your plants, the buds there won’t develop as much. I would try running your lights around 60% or so veg to induce a little longer node spacing and periodically take a few of the larger fan leaves from each plant. I believe doing so along with getting feedings down would help some.

2 Likes

Thabl you very much for your reply, Yes some are a bit bushy, they just went thru a stretch recently and I had also read in one of the bibles or a post somewhere on here to just let the fan leaves fall off themselves, the inner veg looks much healthier and I havent defoliated yet cuz I wanted to get some answers and resolve this problem before whacking em. Taking your advice on turning down the wattage a bit, how long should I run on that ? I’m growing in soil, one of the other mentors mentioned what I interpreted as not doing a fresh water flush til about 2000 tds on runoff, and I sent him a q to clarify, can you confirm that cuz he didnt answer

Hello, following up…did 2 feedings now with the increased nutes, tds 1100, things are looking better, I also trimmed them down at bottom, removed all new little growth, and also in middle, and some the damaged leaves, def more light penetrating down…look better or thin out more in your opinion

4 Likes

Turned down light intensity and adjusted the auto fan to trigger at 81

1 Like

These girls are looking much better. Just fed 962 tds and 6.56 ph, they are blowing up nicely.

4 Likes

Your plants are definitely looking much better, great job.

4 Likes

I agree. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Folllow up photos , week 2 flower, looking good. Thank you all for your assistance.

5 Likes

Excellent job!

1 Like

Please see updates and forward to covergrower amd myfriends420

1 Like

They look hungry